Elantra Sport Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Drilled help the cooling process. I do drive pretty hard, so I think the drilled are a good fit for my style. I just went through a front set of Continental WS06 55k tires and they had 3/8 of tread left on the front ones that I had to make a claim with Continental to replace the two. I had only put about 17k Miles on the tires and they were worn down to close to replacement level. The mechanic I talked to said the drilled were probably the right choice with my driving style. Im the guy out there passing you on the highways doing a 130 regularly. Luckily my Uniden R4 works amazing to capture all the KA bands and cops. I haven't gotten a ticket for speeding in well over 2 years and I am speeding a lot. Best money spent.

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
Drilled help the cooling process.
Yes, if you are putting a lot of heat into them. Like track time heat. Most cars on the street won't get anywhere near that.

Im the guy out there passing you on the highways doing a 130 regularly. Luckily my Uniden R4 works amazing to capture all the KA bands and cops. I haven't gotten a ticket for speeding in well over 2 years and I am speeding a lot. Best money spent.
Not something to be proud of IMO. One mistake and you kill a family on their way home and you'll realize it's not worth it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I contacted EBC directly and they recommended the red stuff. They do offer a race pads and OEM material pads also. I will recommend to watch their videos from EBC directly on their website or YouTube and make your own decisions. I got the red stuff and I only do daily driving with spirit driving and this pads are perfect excellent bit in cold or hot no issues what so ever. I don't know why R1600Turbo always has the last word. Did you ever used them ? Did you tried all the version in order to make a recommendation or determination on a specific product?

I actually have it on my ES with the stock rotors and no issues what so ever and the improvement over the OEM pads are 100% noticeable and it performed as expected. Regarding the dust, yes they do create dust and I will say just a little bit more than the OEM but nothing like the cheapest store name brand from the local auto part store that they really create lots of redish dust.

About how long they will last I don't know yet but all depends how aggressive are you on braking and the elevation where you drive. So outcome will be different from one driver to another.

I have tried several brands on pads and if you are looking for initial and constant immediately bite and great braking without changing calipers, lines, etc. EBC it is one of the bunch that I can recommend base on my own experience with it, specifically red stuff.
Tire Sports equipment Wheel Vehicle Drum
Tire Sports equipment Wheel Vehicle Drum

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I contacted EBC directly and they recommended the red stuff. They do offer a race pads and OEM material pads also. I will recommend to watch their videos from EBC directly on their website or YouTube and make your own decisions. I got the red stuff and I only do daily driving with spirit driving and this pads are perfect excellent bit in cold or hot no issues what so ever. I don't know why R1600Turbo always has the last word. Did you ever used them ? Did you tried all the version in order to make a recommendation or determination on a specific product?

I actually have it on my ES with the stock rotors and no issues what so ever and the improvement over the OEM pads are 100% noticeable and it performed as expected. Regarding the dust, yes they do create dust and I will say just a little bit more than the OEM but nothing like the cheapest store name brand from the local auto part store that they really create lots of redish dust.

About how long they will last I don't know yet but all depends how aggressive are you on braking and the elevation where you drive. So outcome will be different from one driver to another.

I have tried several brands on pads and if you are looking for initial and constant immediately bite and great braking without changing calipers, lines, etc. EBC it is one of the bunch that I can recommend base on my own experience with it, specifically red stuff. View attachment 18185 View attachment 18185
I went with the ebc red stuff pads all the way around and drilled and slotted power stop rotors for the front and O'Reilly oem rotors in the rear with the ebc red stuff rear pads. I still needs to install the rear pads and rotors this weekend. I'm not paying any attention to r1600.
Automotive tire Tread Vehicle brake Alloy wheel Wheel

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
I don't know why R1600Turbo always has the last word.
You missed my post where I got them mixed up with the Yellows. Sue me.

I'm not paying any attention to r1600.
Been in this community longer than anyone else, run a facebook group with over 3500 members, experience runs 5+ years deep with these cars. Hope your rotors don't crack.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
You missed my post where I got them mixed up with the Yellows. Sue me.

Been in this community longer than anyone else, run a facebook group with over 3500 members, experience runs 5+ years deep with these cars. Hope your rotors don't crack.
Cool.... Wow! I wiped my own ass today after I pooped. What's your point. Stop being a negative Nancy and stfu already. I asked for opinions and got them and you keep coming into my post with snide remarks and stating BS. And throwing out numbers about being in all these various communities and running communities. Based on your profile you don't even belong in here. You don't own a ES anymore (sold to brother) So your opinion matters little and if they crack, they Crack, I had no idea my money was your money. And on top of that I didn't know I HAD to take your opinion at face value. It's an opinion, not you have a gun to my head stating I have to do it your way or else. Get off my post if you don't agree with my set up. Not everyone is going to do things your way. Just because you had a set Crack doesn't mean they are all going to Crack. Maybe you had a bad set. Maybe you didn't follow the directions correctly on easing the brakes and rotors in. There's a specific way to break rotors and brakes in and if you don't do them this way they will warp, Crack or not seat right requiring the user to send off the rotors for turning or sending the pads back for replacement. I spent hours upon hours looking up reviews, talking to people, mechanics and trying to understand what I was doing before I bought this set up. The fact that I'm even entertaining your asinine post is beyond me. Try to relax and get along with people and let people do their own things instead of saying well it happened to me so they are all going to break for hundreds of thousands of people.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts