Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had these winter tires added to the ES. I've never had winter tires before so this should be an interesting winter. They didn't have the right size tire available anywhere nearby so I got 235/40r18 tires. They seem to be just fine. I've noticed the ride is a bit smoother than with the stock Hankooks. I'll have to give an update on them once we get some snow again.

Attachments

Reactions: kdetlor

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1st snowfall with the new tires and we are in blizzard conditions. I've never driven a car so easily through all the snow and drifts. It was even good on the ice patches. These tires were a great buy. I don't think I'll ever not have winter tires during these months. The traction control light wasn't even being used much. Haha

Reactions: kdetlor

·
Registered
338 Posts
Still warm (8 degrees C) here in Ontario Canada.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Just put on my 17 inch Tucson rims with 225/45 Nokian Hakkapeliitta 7s and $40 set of ebay TPMS sensors, everything works.

I waited as long as I could, but stuff's about to get real here in MN. High today was 55, low, 17.

I will say these tires aren't the greatest in 50 degree temps with rain, they have LESS grip than the factory Hankooks. And boy are they noisy.

So it better be worth it, I'm hoping for the most severe Arctic-like winter with crippling cold temperatures and many blizzards now that I have winter tires.

I hope the worst of it happens during the Super Bowl, 25 below zero with 50 below windchill, right after 15 inches of snow, so it's as memorable as possible for all the out of towners. :)

Reactions: echobravo

·
Registered
338 Posts
Just put on my 17 inch Tucson rims with 225/45 Nokian Hakkapeliitta 7s and $40 set of ebay TPMS sensors, everything works.

I waited as long as I could, but stuff's about to get real here in MN. High today was 55, low, 17.

I will say these tires aren't the greatest in 50 degree temps with rain, they have LESS grip than the factory Hankooks. And boy are they noisy.

So it better be worth it, I'm hoping for the most severe Arctic-like winter with crippling cold temperatures and many blizzards now that I have winter tires.

I hope the worst of it happens during the Super Bowl, 25 below zero with 50 below windchill, right after 15 inches of snow, so it's as memorable as possible for all the out of towners. :)
I have michelin x-ice xi3 and am finding the same 'issue', terrible grip and REALLY loud, sounds like a truck with mudders on. I put them on early to avoid the rush but we still have green grass, the Freakin WEEDS are still growing!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have michelin x-ice xi3 and am finding the same 'issue', terrible grip and REALLY loud, sounds like a truck with mudders on. I put them on early to avoid the rush but we still have green grass, the Freakin WEEDS are still growing!
I find that the Blizzaks are more comfortable and quieter than the stock all seasons. They also have excellent grip. I had no issue driving on the icy roads to work this morning. I don't think there is any turning back now. Winter tires are now a must have on my list haha.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.