Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if anyone else feels the same when I say that the carbon fiber look (especially fake carbon fiber) on the dash trim is a little tacky. There are worse implementations and sure it has texture yada yada but the interior could use some contrast. My thought would be to get some brushed aluminum looking vinyl but wasn't sure if anyone else has done this? If so, post your pictures if you don't mind.

example

·
Registered
336 Posts
I have zero issues with the interior. I remember a lot of the B5 S4 folks wanting an all black interior like the RS4...

Not a lot of contrast there. I really like the interior and the red contrast stitching. Very Euro sport look.

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
I think the fake carbon in the ES is quite good actually. I think if you took it out, put a nice clear coat over it and put it back in the car it would look even better.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Now that I think about it, the texture on the trim would make this almost impossible. You really need a smooth surface to be able to vinyl over.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have zero issues with the interior. I remember a lot of the B5 S4 folks wanting an all black interior like the RS4...

Not a lot of contrast there. I really like the interior and the red contrast stitching. Very Euro sport look.
Totally agree. Compared to the stupendously ugly Civic interior or even the GTI, I'd put my money on the Elantra. Not sure why anyone wants to have their car seats look like an Irish kilt, but to each his own.

I can operate my ES without looking away from the road, have all the essential functions at my fingertips, and want for nothing in terms of additional features.

Yes, the abundance of hard plastics yells economy car, but the interior is clean, Uber functional, and modern enough. The only change I'm doing to the interior is to custom wrap the handbrake grip with (near matched) leather stitched with red waxed thread. Done!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts