Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After going back and forth with my Hyundai dealer, they stated "We can not duplicate the Problem". My mechanic stated the clutch is shot on my car. The car has 33,600 miles on it. The clutch or slave cylinder stated acting up around 25K miles. What is a good aftermarket, full face clutch and pressure plate to buy. Should I also change the Slave Cylinder. Thank you. dug

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
I would wait and find out exactly what the problem is. I have 58k miles of autocross, drag strip and canyon abuse on mine and it still works fine. There have been a few instances of the slave going out and contaminating the clutch. Which should be covered under warranty...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
clutch slipping.

I took the car to the dealer 3 times on record. Every time "they can not duplicate the problem. I called corporate and filed a claim. They never returned my call. My mechanic said the same thing. The slave cylinder could be the problem. So far, no oil spots in the driveway. I want to buy an upgrade clutch for the car. Any recommendations. Thank you. This is my 3rd Hyundai manual transmission car. My Elantra Coupe clutch lasted until 89K miles, then it fell apart. Clutch, Slave and pedal bushings.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts