Elantra Sport Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in fl and in anticipation of love bug season need to get something to protect the front. Anyone have a car bra? If so, what brand and please provide details. The other option is the 3m type wrap but those can get spendy. Any info, please advise

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Haven't seen one made specifically for the ES. Normal Elantra might work but the lower lip might create an issue. Clear bra has plenty of benefits that make it worth the cost. Granted you'd still have to clean the bugs.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Clear bra is totally worth it. If you care about the appearance of your car, it should be one of the first things you should do IMHO.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Clear bra is totally worth it. If you care about the appearance of your car, it should be one of the first things you should do IMHO.
Agreed

·
Registered
14 Posts
I live in Toronto. Got a clear 3m hood and partial fender protection from the the dealer tint guy but he did it on the side not through the dealer. I paid 180$ cdn.

·
Registered
2018 Hyundai Elantra Sport DCT w/TECH
240 Posts
Late reply, but I totally agree that the quality clear film protection is a must. I got mine done two days after I picked up my, then, new ES from the dealer.

I get gravel on some roads in the winter here, nasty sh*t. Front bumper, hood, fenders, A pillars, roof up to the sunroof and mirrors are a must in AB, if one wants to keep the car pristine.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Clear bra installation looks time consuming but fairly easy. Installers in tampa are wanted 700 minimum. That's not happening. Found pre cut kit for around 250. My car will be parked outside in florida. What's the chance of the heat causing the film to separate from the car with prolonged sun exposure?

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Clear bra installation looks time consuming but fairly easy. Installers in tampa are wanted 700 minimum. That's not happening. Found pre cut kit for around 250. My car will be parked outside in florida. What's the chance of the heat causing the film to separate from the car with prolonged sun exposure?
Depends on how good you are at putting it on. Had no issues with mine lifting in AZ but it was also professionally installed.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ordered my 3m pro clear bra hood, partial bumper, partial fenders, headlights, and rearview mirrors. Gonna try to install it next week. Stay tuned

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Install took about 5 hrs with prep work. I think it went fairly well. I was told it takes several days for the smaller bubbles to go down. Probably could have stretched it a little more, but this was my first time installing a clear bra. it was the 3m pro. Hopefully it holds up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts