Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Describe the conditions more? This car has power limiters out the wazoo and you will notice some hesitation on acceleration when it's not up to full temperature yet.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I had the exact same problem when I was putting regular gas in the car. Like an idiot I listened to dealer then read the forums and owners manual that states dofferent. Once I switched to 91 octane it got much better, with only slight hesitation when extremely cold out. Then when i got an oil change with Mobil 1 car while using 91 octane it accelerates buttery smooth while at the lower speed with absolutely no stuttering or hesitation at all. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I had the exact same problem when I was putting regular gas in the car. Like an idiot I listened to dealer then read the forums and owners manual that states different. Once I switched to 91 octane it got much better, with only slight hesitation when extremely cold out. Then when i got an oil change with Mobil 1 car while using 91 octane it accelerates buttery smooth while at the lower speed with absolutely no stuttering or hesitation at all. Hope this helps.

Ditto, I also noticed an improvement, and did the same things you did.

However recently I noticed the occasional "stumble", perhaps caused by fuel plus changing temperature and humidity conditions? I have noticed similar problems for many years in many cars at this time of year. Or, it could be getting off the throttle inadvertently just as a gear change occurs (DCT)?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.