Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Elantra Sport
13 Posts
Ive noticed that at acceleration at times the car hesitates. This is at 5mph speeds. Anyone else has this problem? The car is a 2018 with 22K miles
I think it has something to do with the transmission not being warmed up yet. I have noticed that too but it seems to be when my car is not fully warmed up yet.

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
The stock boost control solenoid sucks. Fails easily and doesn't like heat. You need this:

·
Registered
19 Posts
The stock boost control solenoid sucks. Fails easily and doesn't like heat. You need this:

Unrelated but do you know if this voids the warranty? I wanted to buy this and some other solenoid upgrades but I wasn't sure if it voids the warranty or not and if I would need a tune. The fellas at SXTH Element wouldn't answer me unless I called but I don't have the time to and I can't find answers elsewhere.

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Unrelated but do you know if this voids the warranty? I wanted to buy this and some other solenoid upgrades but I wasn't sure if it voids the warranty or not and if I would need a tune. The fellas at SXTH Element wouldn't answer me unless I called but I don't have the time to and I can't find answers elsewhere.
To be honest with you, people don't like when they ask me about warranty stuff because I'm just going to flat out say that you should leave the car stock if you are that worried about it. With modifying any car you take that risk. You can either put parts on it that are easy to change out for dealer visits (intake, axleback exhaust mainly) or take the chance. My dealer doesn't care. Then again the car has been great and I haven't really needed any warranty work. I do all services myself.

With that said, you do not need a tune for the solenoid.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.