Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I was looking for a new intake for my 2017 Elantra sport. However, I live in California and have to abide to CARB emission laws. I do not intend to install one without a carb sticker, so I was wondering if anyone could recommend me an intake that is CARB certified and fits the elantra with ease.

Also, I was thinking about purchasing the SXth element intercooler resonator delete, but wasn't sure if there are different resonator deletes I should look into.

Thanks for reading

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Resonator deletes are all the same. Small, cheap piece of pipe.

As far as the intake, none are CARB certified as far as I know.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Jimmy, check out " Chayness " on YouTube.. He has a VT (same 1.6 as our Sport 1.6) Aem has the Carb Sticker you need. I talked to him "chayness" bout the engine bay contact points for using the intake on a sport 1.6 come up with "If it doesn't fit as far as contact/bolt points I'll just go to a muffler shop and have the bolt point moved/fab'd. Get what I'm suggesting ...? BTW I think the Carb sticker stops @ 2014 VT applications. Not sure though. Chk out their WWW. When you get the sticker for smog chk's etc.... Put it in the engine bay not on the pipe itself. hope this helps
Toe.
Ps. Try and find a cool smog chk shop btw.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts