Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I noticed my sport was very sluggish, as if it weren’t getting enough air, when I did pulls between third and second and in fact you could hear it almost skipping/being sluggish . This is the first time I’ve noticed this and I’ve only had the car a year, there’s not much other than an exhaust and bpv converted to bov done to it . I’m a bit concerned ? No engine lights or anything along those lines .

TIA

·
Registered
336 Posts
Maybe a boost leak? You should get it tested.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Today I noticed my sport was very sluggish, as if it weren’t getting enough air, when I did pulls between third and second and in fact you could hear it almost skipping/being sluggish . This is the first time I’ve noticed this and I’ve only had the car a year, there’s not much other than an exhaust and bpv converted to bov done to it . I’m a bit concerned ? No engine lights or anything along those lines .

TIA
Could be many things. What octane fuel are you running? Was it hot outside? The ECU in this car will pull timing for practically anything. Too hot, too cold, not enough fuel in the tank, running 87 octane, etc, etc. If the car feels like it's "surging" it could be pulling timing for any number of things.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Could be many things. What octane fuel are you running? Was it hot outside? The ECU in this car will pull timing for practically anything. Too hot, too cold, not enough fuel in the tank, running 87 octane, etc, etc. If the car feels like it's "surging" it could be pulling timing for any number of things.

I am ending a tank on 87, had not done so in a long time and am going through the same thing. It is crazy how horrible it runs with 87. I am almost on E thankfully, and will go back to 93 along with a bottle of Techron.

·
Registered
175 Posts
also heat soak is very real with the stock intercooler. If it were at 70+ degrees and you did some pulls, or were sitting still for a couple minutes before pulls this is a possibility.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts