Elantra Sport Forum banner

Catch Can Location Help

9K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  eql33t2 
#1 ·
I want to put my dual catch cans (Racetronix, Gold, they look amazing btw!) on passenger side against the strut tower but there are a couple of things in the way I would need/want to re-locate
I've attached an image of the area with some numbers on the items i would move.

If the community would be so kind, please comment on the impact, feasibility, stoopidititiy, etc. for each item

1) diagnostic plug...should be easy, just 'zip' tie it somewhere else.
2) horn...I'm guessing this is the horn??...I'd bend the bracket down or do a proper relocate.
3) coolant resevoir...I'll leave this here and only move/replace if absolutely needed. I'm seriously considering getting a smaller tank.

I am not affiliated in anyway...
https://www.racetronix.biz/product.asp?ic=cc-gv6zy
Catch Tank, -10AN GV, NO BRACKET, GOLD
$99.99 per EACH
Item Code : CC-GV6ZY

PS: i got a red dual bracket for some contrast

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Because I want something different and did I mention the cans are gold...GOLD!

#7 ·
another spot

yeah SXTH place is one possibility, the only other option would be if you had the short ram intake already to use one of the hole the original intake box bolts onto, or custom fab a mount further to the right. Both locations can't be seen if you have the stock intake box though.

#11 ·
Resurrecting this thread for my Canadian friends. I’ll be working with Racetronix to come up with a slick kit with proper mounting, lines and fittings. I DO know the owner of Racetronix and after talking to him, he’s on board to develop some bits ans pieces in his shop. Yes there are great products out there, but often they become super expensive for us up here with shipping, duties, and exchange. We’re looking at hose kits, catch can kits, and even a Cold air intake. Nothing is set in stone, but yeah. Heads up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.