Elantra Sport Forum banner

Center arm rest cover removal

16K views 23 replies 4 participants last post by  Ja'Crispy 
#1 ·
Has anyone tried removing the center console arm rest lid yet (storage compartment)? I took out the two screws at the bottom of it, but the plastic piece does not come out.

Discussion starter · #3 ·
Thanks man! I was approaching it all wrong. I didn't realize what the two bolts were actually holding. I'll post an update when I get it off the car and wrapped in that alcantara.

Discussion starter · #5 ·
I still can't figure this out. I've looked at that diagram a bunch of times and it looks straight-forward, but I don't see which part to pull or pry apart. None of the plastic bits we budge that typically would snap off with some force.

Discussion starter · #10 ·
I got the whole cover removed finally. But I am still unable to take the actual "leather" part of it off of the plastic underside. I ended up (unintentionally) snapping all of the side clips on the inside. It still won't come off. From what it seems, there are just two phillips screws at the bottom. I took those off. I don't see anything else holding the cover down, yet it just doesn't want to snap off.

Discussion starter · #15 ·
Ohhh, I didn't even realize there were screws under those rubber bumpers. I only removed the other two screws that you see when you slide the thing forward. Thanks again! I'll post my results, probably during or after the weekend. I have no stitching skills, so going to recruit someone else to do that. Thinking of using blue thread to match the exterior. Definitely don't want red.

Discussion starter · #17 ·
Not really sure. If I owned this car and not leased it, I'd just get new seats altogether. For now I will leave them as is and focus on this center console thing, the doors, and the steering wheel.

Discussion starter · #20 ·
I didn't even think of doing that. Very clever! I did not want the same stitched seams in the new one, but the overall shape of it will be super helpful. Btw, also thinking of redoing the shift boot with the same Alcantara. This material is just so nice. Is it easy to take off?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.