Elantra Sport Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any idea how to get this thing out? I found the two bolts inside the console compartment under the square of carpet, but I can't seem to find any others that would free it up. It seems to be hung up right where the shift lever is. The surround for the shift lever with the heated seat switches seems like it should pop out, but I don't wanna break anything.

Any help would be appreciated. I'm trying to test fit some shifter base bushings for 6EE but having a hard time getting this darned thing off.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Assuming you already got to it and the job is complete, where did you find the other screws/nuts holding down the center console? Might be useful to another owner here.

·
Super Moderator
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You just have to carefully pry up the surround for the shifter - the whole damned big old chunky piece. Once you do everything will become apparent. I should probably pop it apart again and take some pics though.

·
Registered
263 Posts
You just have to carefully pry up the surround for the shifter - the whole damned big old chunky piece. Once you do everything will become apparent. I should probably pop it apart again and take some pics though.
Did you ever get to taking pics of this? Did you have to remove the whole center, or did the piece around the shifter just lift off?

·
Registered
92 Posts
also interest!
need a 12v plug for the kids DVD

·
Registered
241 Posts
I'll be writing our shifter bushing installation instructions tomorrow or tuesday so i'll share those pictures as soon as im done :)

·
Super Moderator
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sweet deal! Can you confirm if a VT short shifter would fit the es or is it different?
I'm not 100% certain the short shifter from my VT would have worked with the ES. They look pretty similar, but there are enough differences that I wouldn't try it until I knew for sure.

·
Super Moderator
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Did you ever get to taking pics of this? Did you have to remove the whole center, or did the piece around the shifter just lift off?
You have to remove pretty much the entire center console. I did not get pics of it - I've been busy as heck with my detailing business the past several months.

·
Registered
263 Posts
You have to remove pretty much the entire center console. I did not get pics of it - I've been busy as heck with my detailing business the past several months.
hey being busy and making money is a good thing!

I was going to buy a short shifter, but the only one I saw was from Korea and shark... So I am Just going to hold of until others make one

·
Registered
10 Posts
It might be interesting to see how easy it would be to swap the USB ports so the android auto one comes from under the arm rest and the charging port comes from the front. Or maybe adding another USB port via hidden hub, so you can use either one. Anyone happen to see how the USB wires are routed?

·
Super Moderator
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I've tried using a USB hub for the AA USB port - doesn't work. Won't recognize anything connected to it. Worked fine in my VT, doesn't work in the ES.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts