Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got on it a little when heading to work and check engine light came on. Got the following code P2261 turbo bypass valve. Already ordered the pierburg. Would it be something else?

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Do you have an aftermarket BOV? If not, stock bypass valve could be sticking. It's junk, so not surprised.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Everything is stock. I put around 100 miles a day on it. Don't want to mess with too much. What's a good BOV to go to that's compatible with the pierburg? Don't want the whole rocket bunny woosh sound, I'm old and grumpy. I remember their being talk of MAC but don't see Them anymore. Sxth has none listed

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Honestly I went back to the stock solenoid and don't really feel like it needs to be upgraded. With that said, the GFB Mach 2 recirculates to mute the noise, and SXTH's BOV will soon have a recirculated option.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It reset for now. I had just pulled out of my neighborhood and got on it. Probably should've let it get up to temp.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wastegate solenoid arrived. Gonna try the install this weekend. Any advise or installation instructions would be helpful. If you have pics, please attach them

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What else should I replace when I swap the pierburg wastegate solenoid upgrade. Only want to take off the bottom trim pieces once. Should I replace the factory bov or any other solenoids. Couldn't get to it last weekend

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Stock BOV solenoid is fine. I had a MAC solenoid for a bit, went back to stock, didn't notice any difference.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts