Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about clay baring my car this fall before I put a new coat of wax on it. Any brand recommendations or are they all pretty much the same? Also, how do I know if I should use light, medium or heavy clay?

·
Registered
45 Posts
I was wondering about this myself. Going back to a white car I know I'll have to deal with rail dust being quite visible.

How many times can you use the Chemical Guys clay bar mitt?

·
Premium Member
1,226 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
If americans can get Riccardos Clay, i find it better than all of them. Easy to use, minimal hazing (even aggressive compound). Ive done countless amount of cars with it. Paint transfer, rubber from the track, and overspray comes off with ease.

·
Premium Member
1,226 Posts
If americans can get Riccardos Clay, i find it better than all of them. Easy to use, minimal hazing (even aggressive compound). Ive done countless amount of cars with it. Paint transfer, rubber from the track, and overspray comes off with ease.
You can get it, but it's literally the exact same clay that Mother's sells.

https://www.autogeek.net/riccardo-yellow-detailing-clay.html

It's not bad, but traditional clay is a pain in the butt to work with.

·
Registered
14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,226 Posts
See ive tried a bunch. And Riccardo's clay always comes out better personally. Ive been told though Americans cant get real riccardo's clay for some odd reason. Plus i prefer using traditional clay
Well, there's a link to Riccardo's right there. As I said, it's the exact same clay as Mother's. Traditional clay certainly works - it has a long standing, proven track record. I'm not sure why you'd prefer it, however, as the more modern clay options work every bit as well and are far easier to use. Drop it, rinse it off, keep going.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.