Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Those will come out with any rubbing compound. No worries. Be worried when your trunk and rear bumper have a bunch of random mysterious rock chips all over it like mine. And ive only had the car a month.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Those will come out with any rubbing compound. No worries. Be worried when your trunk and rear bumper have a bunch of random mysterious rock chips all over it like mine. And ive only had the car a month.
Oh man im sorry to hear that. That's a hard one to explain if it's on the rear.

Will come off! I would try a good wax before buffing compound.
The scratches were more visible before the used some toothpaste and a toothbrush to get the colour out but it still left the clear coat streaks. I already used wax and it polished it but didn't get it out. I'll try out a rubbing compound.

·
Registered
53 Posts

Will come off! I would try a good wax before buffing compound.
The scratches were more visible before the used some toothpaste and a toothbrush to get the colour out but it still left the clear coat streaks. I already used wax and it polished it but didn't get it out. I'll try out a rubbing compound.
Those will easily come off with some correction compound! I used to work in detailing so this one works magic for me. Just remember to apply wax after because the compound strips all the wax on previously.

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yeah I dont know if the car was on the dealer lot next to lawn care weedwackin the grass or what. It just looks like an abnormal amount of tiny little rock chips in the plastic bumper for only being a month old.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.