Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sup everyone, so I can’t find any videos on how to remove the cluster panel on my ES. I wanna put red bulbs so it could match the red stitching. Anyone have any pics/videos/links I can use? I don’t want to break it lol. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
174 Posts
Pretty sure these cars do not have lights like the older cars do and the cluster has integrated led lights. The parts break down attached does not show any light bulbs for the cluster yet any other area of the car that has bulbs shows a part number for the bulb itself.

Some correct me if I am wrong.

Attachments

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmm, I see. & yes I’ve seen a lot of diagrams but they’re older models but ali think this is as close as a good idea i’ll get. i’ll try it out this week. thanks!

·
Registered
174 Posts
this video will show you how to remove the cluster surround it literally just pulls off. The surround and the top cover of the steering column are connected so if you want the surround completely out for the way you'll have to split the upper and lower plastic column pieces. If I remember correctly they just clip together, just double check that there are no screws before you attempt to separate the two pieces.

If the video link doesn't work just search for 2017 elantra radio removal and you'll find it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
perfect! thank you guys for your help. once I take it out i’ll see if it has any sort of PN or something. according to Ebay the bulbs they have match the car. so i’ll see & update when they get here.

·
Registered
174 Posts
perfect! thank you guys for your help. once I take it out i’ll see if it has any sort of PN or something. according to Ebay the bulbs they have match the car. so i’ll see & update when they get here.
Do you have the link for the lights you ordered?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have it on ebay. I just put in my car model & year & the lights supposedly match my car. I saw how to remove the cluster but didn’t have time to take everything off. plus the leather hood that covers the steering wheel is precisely tucked into the steering wheel assembly. I need to find a way to remove it w/out breaking the leather cover.
10x Red T10 SMD 194 LED Bulbs for Instrument Gauge Cluster Dash Light W/ Sockets https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/392224348868

1 - 7 of 7 Posts