Elantra Sport Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
I just got my car back, and the dealer wasn't able to find any issues with the clutch (which doesn't seem to be the issue), so of course the funky pedal was not fixed. Just re-reading the OP's issue, and my ES' symptoms are almost similar. The clutch pedal's engagement point seems to change especially when I've had to brake. I'm going to have to take it back there again soon like the OP.
Update: I took my 2017 back to the dealer late last year to get it addressed. A few parts were changed but the issue remained. The dealer had to call the Technical Help line for Hyundai and finally in January after waiting in December to order a few more clutch parts, the car came back with a soft pedal, but driving it more, the fluid was flowing and it feels back to normal...we shall see how long it holds up once the temperature heats up again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ive had very similar issues, engagement happens at 80% of the way down, and even fully pressing the clutch, car still inches forward in first. Another issue is that I have to use WAY more force to move the shifter into gear (its random when it happens, but mostly happens to first, second and third).

Im taking my car to a hyundai dealer/service center near me (I bought the car used from a Honda dealer with 16k miles, 2018 model, MT, 1.6 Turbo, warranty is still in effect till the 5/60 are up, which will be in 2 years). Anyway, took it to this hyundai dealership 1 month after buying it and they said it was faulty clucth taht needed to be replaced, which was odd. Took it to 3 more mechanics, which said its unlikely the clutch needs to be replaced, 2 of those said it was most probably the slave cylinder.

just wondering what my options are. This hyudnai dealership is probably not gonna want to service my vehicle but I aint moving that car until it works again.

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Ive had very similar issues, engagement happens at 80% of the way down, and even fully pressing the clutch, car still inches forward in first. Another issue is that I have to use WAY more force to move the shifter into gear (its random when it happens, but mostly happens to first, second and third).

Im taking my car to a hyundai dealer/service center near me (I bought the car used from a Honda dealer with 16k miles, 2018 model, MT, 1.6 Turbo, warranty is still in effect till the 5/60 are up, which will be in 2 years). Anyway, took it to this hyundai dealership 1 month after buying it and they said it was faulty clucth taht needed to be replaced, which was odd. Took it to 3 more mechanics, which said its unlikely the clutch needs to be replaced, 2 of those said it was most probably the slave cylinder.

just wondering what my options are. This hyudnai dealership is probably not gonna want to service my vehicle but I aint moving that car until it works again.
Probably the slave, but the transmission still needs to be removed to replace it.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts