Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
now my 2017 dct sport is 1 year old at 15,000km. occasionally the clutch would slip going from 1st to 2nd gear. the rpm stays the same while I can feel the car slipping the clutch to change gear. this was normal driving, not flooring it. anyone have this happening?

·
Registered
53 Posts
My car does this sometimes in stop and go traffic or driving uphill where the transmission can’t decide what gear I need to be in and it’s a bit annoying but if it happens to you on takeoff with no stop and go trafffic you should probably have it checked out

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My car does this sometimes in stop and go traffic or driving uphill where the transmission can’t decide what gear I need to be in and it’s a bit annoying but if it happens to you on takeoff with no stop and go trafffic you should probably have it checked out
it usually happens when I hard accelerate off immediately from a stop(not a full stop). never happened in a stop and go traffic, probably because its usually a full stop and I don't accelerate that hard since its traffic anyways.

·
Registered
53 Posts
it usually happens when I hard accelerate off immediately from a stop(not a full stop). never happened in a stop and go traffic, probably because its usually a full stop and I don't accelerate that hard since its traffic anyways.
Yeah on a rolling stop it’s bad on my car as well. You can quickly tap the throttle a couple times and the Rpms can rise up to like 3k without engaging into gear it’s just like buring the clutch then after it starts moving

·
Registered
288 Posts
Just keep the car in sport mode, gas mpg takes a small hit but you’ll notice those issues will go away for the most part, or be way less exaggerated.

Only issue I’ve had with my DCT lately is in the AM now that it’s getting colder out, 4th and 6th are a bit slow to engage after the first start in the AM if I’m above 2500 rpm. After it’s warmed up though it’s all gravy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts