Elantra Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are you guys having to pay for your ES' insurance?

I realize some pay monthly, some pay a period in full, and some probably have multiple cars on the same policy, so ballpark works. Right now, I'm with Allstate doing about $150/month or about $900/6 months. Id like to change to AAA because I've heard they are a lot better but Allstate has me as a regular Elantra and not a turbocharged one which I only imagine will hike the price up.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Progressive - $143/mo with my car and my mom's 2008 Kia Spectra.

·
Registered
16 Posts
600$AUD ($475USD) for the year, fully comprehensive. 1 free windscreen replacement and a no claims bonus protection.

·
Super Moderator
1,190 Posts
$140/month full coverage, USAA. Insurance in TX is expensive as ****. It was cheaper when I lived in DC where it is exponentially less safe to drive.

·
Registered
343 Posts
In southern California w/ GEICO: $130/month for 100/300/5 and $500 deductibles for collision & comprehensive. I declined uninsured/underinsured coverage.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Just over $60/mo for 100/300, $500/$500 deductibles, and uninsured/underinsured coverage.

My wife's CX-5 is quite a bit cheaper to insure which surprised me.

American Family insurance.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Are your insurance policies listing your ES as an ES or just a non-turbo Elantra?

·
Registered
175 Posts
pretty good

110 a month from state farm and I'm considered 'high risk' from all the speeding tickets. I'd like to see what I would be if I wasn't high risk. Full coverage, i think my deductible for collision may be like 750 though.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I pay $263/mo for 3 vehicles. 100/300 & $100 comprehensive/$500 collision deductibles. I wanna say the ES works out to be like $92/mo.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Can you guys post how many miles are reported for the ES? I realize that made the biggest difference for me. .

I have AAA and I'm paying $1260/year for my (primary) daily 01 beater with 10k miles and (secondary) ES with 3k miles.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am paying $130/mo for full coverage (100/300k) with $200 comprehensive/$500 collision deductible through wawanesa with a completely clean record as a 26 year old. Only thing I denied was roadside assistance. I told them I was driving 17k mi annually on the car.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Can you guys post how many miles are reported for the ES? I realize that made the biggest difference for me.
Last they asked, I reported 12k and that was about two months ago.

I am paying $130/mo for full coverage (100/300k) with $200 comprehensive/$500 collision deductible through wawanesa with a completely clean record as a 26 year old. Only thing I denied was roadside assistance. I told them I was driving 17k mi annually on the car.
17k a year? Ill probably hit that at my 6th month with the car.

Is there a downside to not telling them how many miles you actually have with the car? IE, cutting the amount a couple thousand.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I am paying $115 a month Full coverage $500 deductible uninsured motorist and Under insured coverage windshield coverage towing rental car coverage roadside assistance even though I don't need it through my vehicle warranty and this is all in California where rates are much higher than most other areas of the country. This is through the Esurance which is a Allstate insurance company.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Anyone else have the idiotic thing where their insurance assumes your mileage? For some reason, my insurance figured I drove 18,000 miles in 2 months and raised my insurance by $500+

1 - 20 of 22 Posts