Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Nothing haha. Liked the size my 2016 Elantra but wanted more power and options so I bought a sport.

I briefly considered another Jeep but no thanks

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Sentra Nismo. Was really looking forward to it since the concept debut in 2013. But, I work for Nissan and I watched the development of the car and when I saw just how different it was from the concept, I looked elsewhere. Thankfully the ES came along and though it was down on power from what I was looking for, you really can't do much (if any) better for the price.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Audi D4 S8 and Porsche 1st gen facelift Panamera Turbo. Then, after talking to my wife back and forth regarding going back to a manual transmission car, we looked at the BMW F10 M5 in MT. Didn't like how it felt. Test drove the Civic Type R for fun and that felt so much better but couldn't get over the ricer look. Same with the WRX STI and Evo. Ended up with the ES because "mature turbo" as the straight pipes folks call it.

It may be the slowest car I've owned in the past 20 years but it is fun and reliable. I haven't owned a car like this since my trusty Integra so it is refreshing to me. =D

·
Registered
229 Posts
I looked between a 2.5L Mazda 3 hatch, Mazda 6, nissan altima SR, Impreza (not WRX/STI), jetta, Golf, and a Ford Fusion (all 2017). Fusion, was way out of my price range, Impreza WRX/STI was too so getting a basic Impreza was undesirable, jetta and Golf were nice but seemed to lack something. Almost went with Nissan because they wanted to buy out my totaled sentra and put me back in a Nissan but I just felt like most Nissan interiors were lackluster. I really wanted the 6 but I would rather have the 2.5 in the hatch. Honestly, if I were more patient, I probably would have been in a 2.5 mazda 3 hatch rolling around with higher payments and completely stock. Im happy with the ES and how I've made it my own.

·
Registered
100 Posts
(for my '17 6MT) Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT; Fiat 500 Abarth 5 sp, used Honda Accord V6 Coupe Sport w/manual transmission.

Got such a great price on the Hyundai that in end nothing actually came anywhere close in value.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I was shopping for an 18 Elantra Value Edition but really wanted an 18 Sport. I shopped around quite a bit and found a great deal where the Sport was cheaper. :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Haven't bought the ES yet, but was looking at a Civic Turbo, until I took one out and felt completely unimpressed. I used to own a 96 Ford Contour V6 5MT, same horsepower as the SI, but the civic felt like a dog.
Also looked at a Tucson 1.6T, it's still in the running a bit, but I'm pretty sure I'm going with the ES

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.