Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2018 Elantra Sport with the DCT and I have noticed a very rough shift when I am wide open and it shifts from 2nd to 3rd gear. It happens regardless if I am in regular mode or in sport mode. It only happens when I have the gas all the way down. The shifts are smooth if I am not on the gas all the way. Any ideas as to what this could be? I only have 12k miles on the car, so the transmission shouldn't be bad.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I have a 2018 Elantra Sport with the DCT and I have noticed a very rough shift when I am wide open and it shifts from 2nd to 3rd gear. It happens regardless if I am in regular mode or in sport mode. It only happens when I have the gas all the way down. The shifts are smooth if I am not on the gas all the way. Any ideas as to what this could be? I only have 12k miles on the car, so the transmission shouldn't be bad.

DCT is very clunky in general, do you use triptronic? Can you elaborate?

·
Registered
2018 Hyundai Elantra Sport DCT w/TECH
327 Posts
Ask dealer to reset the gearbox logic unit. Mine shifts with equal force on all gears when WOT, 17500Km on the car. At times, the timing of the clutch engagement may be off by some milliseconds and this will reset all software and what the logic system has learned. This is what I read on another forum, but cannot reference at this time.

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
I only have 12k miles on the car, so the transmission shouldn't be bad.
I have seen far more issues with the DCT trans than I have the manual. Mileage doesn't matter. With that said, DCT is very clunky since it's a dry clutch system. If it still bugs you, try taking it to the dealer.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I haven't been using the paddles when it happens. It is a consistent issue as it happens every time I am WOT. I don't have much more to elaborate on except for a very clunky 2nd to 3rd shift. You feel it jolt your whole body when it happens.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ask dealer to reset the gearbox logic unit. Mine shifts with equal force on all gears when WOT, 17500Km on the car. At times, the timing of the clutch engagement may be off by some milliseconds and this will reset all software and what the logic system has learned. This is what I read on another forum, but cannot reference at this time.
Thanks, I might try that. I will see if that fixes it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts