Elantra Sport Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '18 DCT ES, and it's seemed really jerky since I got it. I know some jerkiness is normal at low speeds, so I'm trying to figure out if it's normal behavior or if there's an actual transmission problem. In Sport mode it gets worse, it can almost feel like it's bucking back and forth. How much jerkiness is normal, and what should I tell a shop to look at?

·
Registered
4 Posts
It doesn't sound normal to me. My 18 with DCT has ~17k and is pretty smooth, but I'm usually commuting and driving pretty chill. It's not as smooth as a regular automatic though. The main time I notice any choppiness is starting from a dead stop in normal mode, but giving it more gas than usual. I press the Sport button if I need to make a left across busy traffic.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Technical Service Bulletin 19-AT-002H

Subject: Dual Clutch Transmission Clutch Replacement And TCU Software Update.

There was a Technical Service Bulletin back in February, 2019 that affected these models.
2017~2018 Elantra Sport (AD) 1.6L Turbo
2016~2017 Tucson (TL) 1.6L Turbo
2016~2017 Veloster (FS) 1.6L Turbo

Description: Certain vehicles (listed below) equipped with 7-speed Dual Clutch Transmission (DCT) may exhibit an abnormal vibration at low speeds. This bulletin outlines the procedures for diagnosing and replacing the Double Clutch, including a Transmission Control Unit (TCU) software update.

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2019/MC-10154675-9999.pdf

Hope this helps you and anyone else.

This would be for the choppy acceleration.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts