Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello again all fellow es peeps. I am posting today cause i have started to have what i believe to be dct problems. I apologize for the hour long read. Now. To give you a rundown of my situation and when it seems to be acting up. So whenever im leaving or coming home is when it happens im assuming due to my driveway/ road. After i turn off the pavement i have a level terrain for 30 feet. Then a down hill grade ( i suck at determining the grade but over a distance of 40 feet i drop down 10-12 foot so quite steep). Then i have about 300 ish feet of lvl road but it is riddled with potholes / rocks kinda the quality you would get on a decent atv road lol and then i turn into my driveway. Witch is a 2 foot hill n lvls off into the yard. Hopefully gives u some idea of what i face. So when coming or going i have to creep like basically car momentum / slight acceleration with random braking to avoid excess slamming n twisting in the pot holes and when i leave just before i have to tackle the uphill grade i have to creep over/ between two rocks or i risk hitting/ destroying something then i have to immediately accel to make the uphill that im already starting after the rocks when doing the leaving im usually ok one time it was rpm at 3 1/2 k. And sounded like it was straining. Even after lvlimg at the top it wouldnt shift and in that 2-4 secs well say i threw it over to manual and tried to upshift but wouldnt allow once i came to a full stop 5 feet later it went back down to 1k range and proceeded to act normal. When coming home it does fine except for turning into driveway n doing that minor 2 ft hill / slant it has to climb. The car will be in 2nd. Chosen by the dct n itll seem to strain to get me onto lvl again n once ive came to where im parking 8 feet from the grade so by then second is just picking up the power i take foot off the gas. The car will almost seem like its still revving n then releases torque. The car does not receive this torque cause it does not jump. I say torque cause i dono how to describe the noise it sounds like if u was to hold a clutch in a manual and rev it up. I hope this somewhat makes sense i will be going n getting photos of the road . If theres any info thats vital just ask i know theae cars dont like the creeping etc but i have not much choice until i have 7-8000$ to pave the road. (Neigbours are not willing to pool together to do it) i am going later this week with a pickaxe to try and remove the rocks blocking a decent run at the hill. But all i can do for now.. i know nothing about standards and less about motors so with that out there would i be better to always do manual mode keeping it in 1st for the crawl? To avoid the acess strain on second when im going from rolling 1 kms a hr to bout 6 km hour range in the clearer parts ? Ive done it once at certain points my rpms max at 3500 ish just didnt know if the no accel to 3500 range in 1 st for that lenth of distance would be strain ? Or should i go back n forth 1 st to 2 nd n back depending on if i got 20 feet of clear rd between potholes? Any ideas/ input is welcome thank you for reading. Hope everyone has a great day

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
That was a little hard to read, but I will say that if you haven't owned a dual clutch transmission before, you may just be experiencing it's quirks for the first time. It's an automated manual transmission, and they are a little clunky at low speeds. Even VW dual clutch transmissions, which are arguably the best on the market, are clunky at low speeds. It's probably fine.

·
Registered
106 Posts
if you have driven manual before than its the same feeling as to stalling the car. also this car auto downshift if you are on auto while going uphill. try to stay in 1 gear and keep the rpm high if you don't want the jerky feeling.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hey sorry for no response still havent grbbed a video i have been back n forth with the dealer for issues with paint. Ty tork i am scheduled for a tire change / new spoiler. ( replacement due to incompetence ) they swirled my new one during a oil change ffs... i will see if they can check for any updates i have been just doing the manual mode keeping it in first the response is proper and doesnt act up might have been the car not shiftin to 1 st early enough due to the off n on the accelerator to brake. Due to rd quality

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.