Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to be purchasing an 18 in the near future. I'm leaning towards the 6 speed manual due to the fact, the dct transmission does not have rev matching/blipping during downshifting. Is there any tunes available for rev matching with the dct transmission? I would love to see a tune that replicates Vw rev matching.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I think that’s a solution to a non existent issue. My DCT is fine on downshifts when done manually. And my DSG in my VW was no different.

Also, I wouldn’t touch Tork and their tunes with a 6000ft pole. But that’s just me

Reactions: Voodoo Idol

·
Registered
288 Posts
The dct does not blip the throttle when downshifting. It just holds/hangs the rpm then it gradually drops. You can tell by the sound when downshifting. A proper rev match during down shifting sounds amazing.
And it’s purely for sound and that’s it.

So it’s basically pointless and not detrimental to the operation of the DCT

·
Registered
288 Posts
Hey man if you’re comfortable with letting tork molest your ecu and whatnot, more power to you. But don’t say I didn’t warn you. Read up on them a little bit.

Reactions: Voodoo Idol

·
Registered
288 Posts
We are sorry that you feel that way. There has been some interesting things getting passed around about "Tork" and we wish for that not to spill onto the forums.

If you wish to talk with me directly, please feel free to do so in PM's.

Thank you.
Nah I’m good. I’ve seen all the proof I need to see regarding your craftsmanship, tunes and overall customer service.

·
Registered
288 Posts
It rev matches, how the **** is this a thread.
But bro. A 7 speed Mitsubishi Dual clutch trans is supposed to shift like a Porsche PDK!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
To expand on what the tuner was saying and my observations of my 18s DCT. When you downshift from say 4th-> 3rd, the vehicle blips the throttle, but fails to engage the clutch before the RPM’s begin to fall, this causes a slight jerk. Similar to a poorly executed downshit / revmatch in a 6MT. Clutch, downshift, blip, delay, delay, clutch release, jerk as re-engagement is no longer correctly matched.

If you give the throttle a little extra blip it helps to smooth things out and compensate for the delay in clutch engagement, but this is not the correct method for a DCT.

Have any other owners experienced this issue?
Do any of the current tunes be it Tork, LAP3, BTR address this issue?

·
Registered
63 Posts
What's the deal with Tork? Why do you guys always talk down about them? I've heard about blown motors but no one has proved it. Also we all take the chance of damaging are vehicles when we start modding. This is the price we pay to play. I can tell you that if Tork is able to fix the lag from the DCT. I will get it because the lag sucks donkey balls.

·
Registered
288 Posts
What's the deal with Tork? Why do you guys always talk down about them? I've heard about blown motors but no one has proved it. Also we all take the chance of damaging are vehicles when we start modding. This is the price we pay to play. I can tell you that if Tork is able to fix the lag from the DCT. I will get it because the lag sucks donkey balls.
There isn’t much lag. You’re just driving it like an automatic with a torque converter. And if “lag” is that big of a deal, keep it in sport. Your “issue” will most likely disappear

BTR and LAP3 also offer the TCU tune. You just have to ask for it. But that tune, or even a rev matching tune like what is being asked of in this thread probably isn’t going to fix the fact that this is a dry clutch trans in an economy car, it’s not gonna get much faster. My DSG in my VW was only slightly faster than this DCT.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.