Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Nice pic, especially the rear quarter shot! You have an eye for angles my friend.

·
Registered
341 Posts
It was one of the first things I did - really happy with the clean look.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Did you just pull them off or did you have to heat them up and floss them? Just curious if all that is necessary if the car is brand new.
When I did mine, I used a hair dryer on the letters, for maybe 2 minutes if not less, then peeled off each one basically top down, was surprisingly easy. Most of the adhesive came off with the letters and the remaining residue for me came off with a microfiber and some rubbing alcohol - 2/10 difficulty i'd say :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Did you just pull them off or did you have to heat them up and floss them? Just curious if all that is necessary if the car is brand new.
I've also done this with mine and I used a heat gun (it was -5C/23F that day) and credit card/fingers. Even without using the heat gun, the letters were not that well adhered to the car - I could wiggle them a bit, but I just didn't want to risk damaging the paint. On a hot day in the sun I'd think it would be easy to come off by hand.

·
Premium Member
1,226 Posts
Get over the stereotype already!
It actually gets to over 30 Celsius in the summer. I can convert to Fahrenheit if necessary
1. That's only barely warm enough. I like 90F/32C+, which is why I live in Central Texas. Ideal is about 105F/40C

2. all of the rest of the year it's colder than I want it to be. I want the temps to only very rarely dip below 45F/7C. We get plenty of "winter" days in January and February here above 70F/21C and that's just the way I like it. I don't EVER want to see negative temps on either scale. Not even once. And snow can **** right off.

3. Not a stereotype. For me, there is no place in Canada warm enough to live. Might as well be the Tundra.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.