Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Did you ever get this figured out? This is a mod that I definitely plan on doing as soon as I can after I get the car... as I've heard across different brands and models that rigid collars make a huge difference.

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
To quote someone from my FB group:

"For the older Hyundai models the holes were way bigger than the bolts so the k frame was actually able to slide around some while steering. The rigid collars filled up that space and tightened up steering response.

They fixed this in more recent model years so they aren't necessary."

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just Installed the Torcon ones listed for the SPORT Elantra yesterday. Night and day difference. Almost feel as if there is better throttle response... but could be a placebo effect of installing new parts. For sure there is tighter turning and response. There is no instructions, but install was straight forward. Smaller two goes front and larger two goes in the rear. There is still enough play in the subframe for these collar to make a dramatic change.

·
Premium Member
1,226 Posts
I just Installed the Torcon ones listed for the SPORT Elantra yesterday. Night and day difference. Almost feel as if there is better throttle response... but could be a placebo effect of installing new parts. For sure there is tighter turning and response. There is no instructions, but install was straight forward. Smaller two goes front and larger two goes in the rear. There is still enough play in the subframe for these collar to make a dramatic change.
Do you have a link for them? I bought the ones they offered when I bought my car new in 2017 and there wasn't even anywhere to install them. The car has collars of sorts integrated into the K frame.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Here is a link -https://www.ebay.com/itm/TORCON-Subframe-Rigid-Collar-for-HYUNDAI-2017-2018-Elantra-Avante-Sports/253374568574?fits=Model%3AElantra%7CSubmodel%3ASport&hash=item3afe4d187e:g:UPcAAOSwIBJaXuG7:rk:1:pf:0

For the rear of the subframe remove the end plates then you will have access to the bushing/opening. End plate will mount under the collar once pressed in. It is a nice fit with some resistance. Hope that helps a bit. Took less than 6 business days to receive from S.Korea.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.