Elantra Sport Forum banner

deleted

10K views 23 replies 11 participants last post by  Snake21 
#1 · (Edited)
#2 ·
I've had mine for a bit over 2 weeks, it's a heavy knob, it works :) As you said, flicks are now much easier

Didn't notice the edge you mention, but I'm sure it's there, did find the wrinkle surface finish to be perfect. I didn't use the loctite, as I adjusted the included nut, to the point I could tightly screw on the knob with the right orientation and height I like. Doesn't come loose at all.

I've paid upwards to $120 for various knobs on other cars, I think the price here is average for what you're getting.

#7 ·
Does the stock shift knob just screw off?

#10 ·
I dont understand why weve accepted this stupidity as normal.

Get a crown royal bag, dont rest your hand on it, get a sock... If I wanted to look like I was in high school pretending to be in college, Id do all those things.

Or I could demand a not metallic object in my car where I dont want one.

Leather. Its amazing.

#12 ·
I've always had metal shift knobs. My favorite by far is titanium. I tried a few leather ones and they just didn't feel right, plus you'll wear them out fast and they'll look like crap. I've always just used a soft pouch/case. It keeps the knob from being too cold/hot. It only gets too hot when there is direct sunlight on it, so you can also just cover it with something. And I have yet to see a leather knob that looks better than a ball type metal one.

#15 ·
#23 ·
The issue with the older Sentra's was that resting your hand on it put pressure on the syncro's, wearing them out over time. So eventually it would pop out of 5th gear. One would hope that today's transmissions are built a little better, making it a non-issue.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.