Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
343 Posts
Very cool, discovering things our cars have. It was a couple weeks before 1) discovered the front middle armrest slides up 2) I have the auto trunk opener.
I just now, after a couple months, learned that the car holds the brakes until you put it in gear. Very handy feature for those not skilled with the clutch/gas balancing act.

· Registered
84 Posts
Very cool, discovering things our cars have. It was a couple weeks before 1) discovered the front middle armrest slides up 2) I have the auto trunk opener.
I just now, after a couple months, learned that the car holds the brakes until you put it in gear. Very handy feature for those not skilled with the clutch/gas balancing act.
Do you have the tech package? I thought the armrest didn't move...but I have the base model.

Just noticed the other day that when I shut the car off, it displays on the dash a summary of my trip - how many miles travelled, average fuel economy, etc.

I usually park my car in my garage, so hadn't noticed for the longest time that when I walk up to the car, little lights come on in the driver and passenger door handles :D I of course made the mistake of mentioning it to my wife who looked at me like I was an idiot and said she noticed it when we were looking at the car. :cool:

· Registered
175 Posts
brake when in neutral

wow had no idea about the brake in neutral- I'll have to test that out tonight. It is annoying being on a steep incline and trying to go. If i have traction control on its nearly impossible to get going, if i take it off its much easier but will sometimes end up peeling out making a racket lol. Also I thought the key less trunk open was only for the tech package- pretty sure i don't have it. How many seconds before it opens up??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.