Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
You know, for spacing your phenols. 2017+ Elantra Sport 1.6 Turbo Phenolic Intake Spacer - Shark Racing I like the part about installation being "very easy," though I'm less enthusiastic about the "experienced mechanic" part.
from an engineering stand point, yes, in theory it does help reduce the conduction of heat from block to intake manifold. However, you won't get much benefit from it since the engine bay will reach a more homogeneous temperature over time assuming steady-state.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I always felt like these were a carry over from the days of carb's where youre trying to get the carb away from the hot engine and give the fuel and air more time to mix, and in reality, how much better can this material be at resisting heat then the plastic our intakes are already made of?

·
Registered
338 Posts
I think you could add LED to the semi-opaque one. LOL
Seriously, here is a good start on intake lengths...
Blog - Emerald Adjustable Length Intake Trumpet Development
Basically, you can change your engine's power profile with intake length adjustments. Our modern ECU's should 'tune in', but full advantage would only be had with a proper tune.

As for the heat..."will substantially lower the temperature of the intake manifold, resulting in more power." sounds like pure BS, especially in the absence of data to back up the claims.

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
As for the heat..."will substantially lower the temperature of the intake manifold, resulting in more power." sounds like pure BS, especially in the absence of data to back up the claims.
I had one on my turbo Miata and it came with dyno proven gains. But a Miata intake manifold is aluminum, ours are already plastic, so I don't see it having any positive effect.

·
Registered
92 Posts
like R1600 said, the phenolic spacer exist to stop thermal conduction from engine head to intake manifold. since our manifold are in plastic it is as much useful to install this than installing a exhaust line on a Tesla

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.