Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am considering doing the same. It seems to be a popular choice for Avante Sports in Korea (after lots of digging through Instagram and messaging a few people). It would definitely reduce heat-soak, but lose out on some of the gains.

·
Registered
55 Posts
In my opinion, this is a complete waste of money. Mondern cars have well engineered intake systems and are not like of the cars of the 80s and 90s. Sure, technically there may be a smooth pipe to replace some of the ripples (has anyone taken off the intake pipe to see if its smooth inside or if it is rippled?) but will you fell a difference? No, and if you do its in your head. Up to you if that is worth $200.

·
Registered
90 Posts
This may just be for looks not sure of gains or heat but it does seem to give you that option to put in the stock air box or an aftermarket pod filter.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I am considering doing the same. It seems to be a popular choice for Avante Sports in Korea (after lots of digging through Instagram and messaging a few people). It would definitely reduce heat-soak, but lose out on some of the gains.
Finally back in stock, it's been a couple of weeks since it was last on the site. Ordered one for myself, the butt dyno felt nothing with the super shorty big gulp and Tork's pack-in pod filter so my expectations are sufficiently tempered. The strut tower I installed did nothing for my engine bay aesthetics, this will do nicely.
I couldn't disagree more. I felt a big difference between the stock air box and the Tork super shorty intake. There was a very noticeable power increase with the super shorty.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Finally back in stock, it's been a couple of weeks since it was last on the site. Ordered one for myself, the butt dyno felt nothing with the super shorty big gulp and Tork's pack-in pod filter so my expectations are sufficiently tempered. The :Dstrut tower:D I installed did nothing for my engine bay aesthetics, this will do nicely.
Strut tower brace?
Pics please? I'm looking for one (eyeballing the pierce unit)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts