Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am considering doing the same. It seems to be a popular choice for Avante Sports in Korea (after lots of digging through Instagram and messaging a few people). It would definitely reduce heat-soak, but lose out on some of the gains.

·
Registered
55 Posts
In my opinion, this is a complete waste of money. Mondern cars have well engineered intake systems and are not like of the cars of the 80s and 90s. Sure, technically there may be a smooth pipe to replace some of the ripples (has anyone taken off the intake pipe to see if its smooth inside or if it is rippled?) but will you fell a difference? No, and if you do its in your head. Up to you if that is worth $200.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I am considering doing the same. It seems to be a popular choice for Avante Sports in Korea (after lots of digging through Instagram and messaging a few people). It would definitely reduce heat-soak, but lose out on some of the gains.
Finally back in stock, it's been a couple of weeks since it was last on the site. Ordered one for myself, the butt dyno felt nothing with the super shorty big gulp and Tork's pack-in pod filter so my expectations are sufficiently tempered. The strut tower I installed did nothing for my engine bay aesthetics, this will do nicely.
I couldn't disagree more. I felt a big difference between the stock air box and the Tork super shorty intake. There was a very noticeable power increase with the super shorty.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Finally back in stock, it's been a couple of weeks since it was last on the site. Ordered one for myself, the butt dyno felt nothing with the super shorty big gulp and Tork's pack-in pod filter so my expectations are sufficiently tempered. The :Dstrut tower:D I installed did nothing for my engine bay aesthetics, this will do nicely.
Strut tower brace?
Pics please? I'm looking for one (eyeballing the pierce unit)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.