Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
This car isn't even available in Europe, so I would not trust that. And for 10mm lowering, might as well go with the Storm Springs which are much cheaper and IMO just as good.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I thought someone in the ES Facebook group said they were going to be giving their car over to Eibach a couple of weeks ago. I don't think they'd make it to market that quickly?

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
I thought someone in the ES Facebook group said they were going to be giving their car over to Eibach a couple of weeks ago. I don't think they'd make it to market that quickly?
She submitted it, was waiting for word back. Judging by how they have shrugged us off over the last year of us begging them, I don't expect anything anytime soon.

·
Registered
2,940 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
I’m not a Facebook user so I can’t look unless I have an account...bummer. Can anyone with springs either post side shots or just say how many inches your springs lowered your car? I’m trying to decide if any of the springs available for our car will be low enough for me. I know I should just get coil overs but the price of springs is much more reasonable. This weekend I had a few rolls of sod and some topsoil in my trunk and I loved the way the rear looked lol. I measured around 25” from the floor to the fender. When I took all the stuff out and measured again it was around 26” so I’m thinking I’d like a spring that gets me 1” in the rear and 1.5” in the front.

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
I’m not a Facebook user so I can’t look unless I have an account...bummer. Can anyone with springs either post side shots or just say how many inches your springs lowered your car? I’m trying to decide if any of the springs available for our car will be low enough for me. I know I should just get coil overs but the price of springs is much more reasonable. This weekend I had a few rolls of sod and some topsoil in my trunk and I loved the way the rear looked lol. I measured around 25” from the floor to the fender. When I took all the stuff out and measured again it was around 26” so I’m thinking I’d like a spring that gets me 1” in the rear and 1.5” in the front.
Both of the available springs are a pretty even drop, so they appear to be higher in the front than the rear due to the shorter rear wheel arch. See attached photo of John Pratt's car with Meccatunes.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Thanks Turbo. I hate a reverse rake look, but that doesn’t look too bad actually. Do you know what size wheel he’s running? Seems like a nice setup for this car with those springs.
I don't know the specifics but I think they are 18x9.5 which IMO sticks out of the fenders too much. Personal preference of course.

·
Registered
22 Posts
There isn't a lowering kit from Eibach/Koni/H&R at the moment, or one that would fit.

I have done some extensive research and none seem to work. The demand for aftermarket parts for the ES is not that high for the following companies for them to do. The car would need to be around for a while before its considered, like the VT/GEN.

The front strut part number's are as follow for the Elantra

LH-54651-F2EAO
RH-54661-F2EAO
**APPARENTLY THE STRUTS ARE SITTING LOWER THAN A REG ELANTRA (DEALER TOLD ME )**

wondering.... why are you telling us the part number ??? reason is the struts for the ES are only for the ES, it doesn't crossover to another elantra or Hyundai. The older model elantra's shared alot of the same parts as the new one, so you could use parts from a older/new model. I even ordered springs for the Forte as you can find them for a 2018 Forte S, and are a tad bit wider ( workable, but dont feel like cutting anything ).

hope this helps......if someone has them it could be true they are eibach's but according to a reputable connection they have not produced any.

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
There isn't a lowering kit from Eibach/Koni/H&R at the moment, or one that would fit.

I have done some extensive research and none seem to work. The demand for aftermarket parts for the ES is not that high for the following companies for them to do. The car would need to be around for a while before its considered, like the VT/GEN.

The front strut part number's are as follow for the Elantra

LH-54651-F2EAO
RH-54661-F2EAO
**APPARENTLY THE STRUTS ARE SITTING LOWER THAN A REG ELANTRA (DEALER TOLD ME )**

wondering.... why are you telling us the part number ??? reason is the struts for the ES are only for the ES, it doesn't crossover to another elantra or Hyundai. The older model elantra's shared alot of the same parts as the new one, so you could use parts from a older/new model. I even ordered springs for the Forte as you can find them for a 2018 Forte S, and are a tad bit wider ( workable, but dont feel like cutting anything ).

hope this helps......if someone has them it could be true they are eibach's but according to a reputable connection they have not produced any.
Eibach had a couple cars in for development recently so they will have some things coming soon. I am unsure of the time it takes for their stuff to hit production after development.

With that said there are 3-4 spring options for this car already, and multiple coilover setups. I just put Yellowspeed Racing coilovers on my car and besides a minor noise from the back I am trying to track down, they're pretty good.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Eibach had a couple cars in for development recently so they will have some things coming soon. I am unsure of the time it takes for their stuff to hit production after development.

With that said there are 3-4 spring options for this car already, and multiple coilover setups. I just put Yellowspeed Racing coilovers on my car and besides a minor noise from the back I am trying to track down, they're pretty good.

My apology., I didn't properly write my thread....I forgot to mention is companies I have dealt with in the past. I have a really good friend that works at Eibach and had indicated to me that Eibach had not made some for the ES. Now I am sure there is a lot more folks making them, however my personal preference is dealing with companies I have dealt with past and present. I have reached out to accuair and air runner tuner, as I have considered bagging the ES. I am currently running Accuair on my ISF.

Do you mind sharing the name of the name of those companies that make Springs for the ES ? I am not a big fan of coil overs, just don't like the feel of coil overs.

I am actually about to put some wheels on mine..... I went with HRE Flow Form FF15 front I am doing 19 x 7.5 with a 32 offset and on the rear I am doing 19 x 9.5 with a 45 offset.... I am trying as well the 8.5 with a 35 offset for the rear...based on my calculations it should clear a 45 offset, but things can change once installed .

I appreciate you sharing the YellowSpeed info as well, greatly appreciate it ! :)

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
My apology., I didn't properly write my thread....I forgot to mention is companies I have dealt with in the past. I have a really good friend that works at Eibach and had indicated to me that Eibach had not made some for the ES. Now I am sure there is a lot more folks making them, however my personal preference is dealing with companies I have dealt with past and present. I have reached out to accuair and air runner tuner, as I have considered bagging the ES. I am currently running Accuair on my ISF.

Do you mind sharing the name of the name of those companies that make Springs for the ES ? I am not a big fan of coil overs, just don't like the feel of coil overs.

I am actually about to put some wheels on mine..... I went with HRE Flow Form FF15 front I am doing 19 x 7.5 with a 32 offset and on the rear I am doing 19 x 9.5 with a 45 offset.... I am trying as well the 8.5 with a 35 offset for the rear...based on my calculations it should clear a 45 offset, but things can change once installed .

I appreciate you sharing the YellowSpeed info as well, greatly appreciate it ! :)
A couple people in my facebook group had their cars in to Eibach for measurements, so they do have stuff coming.

The spring manufactures are all Korean: Storm, Meccatune, and ONF are the three that I can think of off the top of my head. The Storms are progressive rate, Meccatune is linear and not sure on the ONF.

For the wheel specs, why the RWD stagger? That could potentially make the car understeer since it's FWD. With those sizes the front will poke a little but not terrible. The year though will poke out of the fender quite a bit. The car will look like a hot rod with the rear sticking out way more than the front. Unless you plan on running fender flares, it might not look so hot.

·
Registered
267 Posts

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Looks like TR has the springs on sale but backordered until March, though curious why they only list 2018-19 and not include 2017 and 20 (Not tested?)...
All the same. Eibach lists 18+ on their website and I have told them more than once they can include 17. They have yet to correct it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.