Elantra Sport Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I went to my local Hyundai dealership to check out the car and when I looked at the engine bay I saw a plug in that is labeled diagnosis.

I am a little confused as to why this car will have that plug since the car should have OBD II. Is there a plug in port inside the car?

The diagnosis port on the engine bay was on the far left close to the firewall above the silver ground wire behind the coolant container.

If I am not mistaken, Isn't that for cars that have OBD 1. If the engine have a check engine light we have to short circuit two connections and look at how many times the check engine light blinks and then refer to the list to see what the blinking indicates.

I am sure that all cars starting I believe 95 or 96 and above have OBD II.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Alright, I just went and looked, there is indeed a diagnostic port in the engine bay, there is still a diagnostic port that is in the interior, this is a law, the interior OBD2 port is hidden and is for dealer use only. The Kia Soul is the same way.
Tyson
Thanks. What do you mean the OBD II port is hidden? Usually that is located close to the lever to open the hood.

I just find it odd that there is a diagnostic port on the engine bay. ?

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
does having an odb2 scanner plugged in void warranty?
No.

Late on this but not sure I would call the interior one hidden. It's just in the same area as the interior fuse panel, not really a special spot just where Hyundai chose to put it. Varies by manufacture.

·
Registered
7 Posts
This plug is labeled as the multi-purpose check connector in the shop manual. It is various circuits like ABS power and others. It is designed to test certain circuits without having to disconnect them.

·
Registered
243 Posts
It's OBD2 that's all the tech can hook up a scanner from the under the hood. It doesn't really matter cuz we use wireless tablets

1 - 7 of 7 Posts