Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I removed the hose that feeds boost pressure back into the intake when not under throttle. Initially I just unhooked the intake side of the hose and capped off the hole in the air intake with a chair cap and clamp and ziptied the hose I unhooked to the clamp. Sounded pretty good for a bootleg bov. I didn't like how it looked and was worried about it coming loose some how and getting destroyed. So the next day I unhooked the BPV side and removed the hose completely. Seems quite a bit louder completly off than just one side of the hose unhooked. I just followed the tutorial from a velociter forum, cheap easy bootleg blow off valve that can quickly be reversed for warranty work. http://www.velosterturbo.org/forum/showthread.php?t=475

Attachments

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
Yeah, a large majority of owners have already done this. I did it for a day and hated how it sounded so I put it back. Now I have a SXTH intake with a recirculation fitting and it's much better.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, a large majority of owners have already done this. I did it for a day and hated how it sounded so I put it back. Now I have a SXTH intake with a recirculation fitting and it's much better.
I can definitely see where the sound wouldn't be for everyone. For now though I like it and grin every time I hear the woosh lol. May go with a cold air in the future but will still more than likely keep the recirc off, don't see the point in blowing hot dirty air back into the intake. A catch can would remedy that though.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Does anyone know whether this has any effect on power? On my Evo BOV are hard to tune correctly and can cause loss of power
Haven't noticed any difference in power. Just the addition of the woosh sound :). I think ES sensors and ECU are more forgiving than that of a Evo. Try it out and just put it back on if you don't like it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.