Elantra Sport Forum banner

81 - 86 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
UPDATE.
changed out the OEM EBCS for the MAC solenoid, did make a slight difference at high rpm where the revs/boost acted irregular. However noticed that a couple of the boost lines where slightly torn on the ends where they met the EBCS. Decided to replace all boost lines with new vacuum lines at the turbo and BOV, took about 10mins. Noticed a decent change after replacing everything. Funnily enough when I took one off where the BOV solenoid lives the hose was still under pressure and a short burst of air came out as I pulled the hose off. Weird.

Next thing to do is to check AFR, fuel pressure, timing and get a wideband sensor. Something is still not 100%...

·
Registered
22 Posts
My suggestion... Run a container of fuel injector clearner through a tank of gas. I'm assuming you have some miles on your car.

·
Registered
1 Posts
6MT:
In most gears:
RPM starting at 2500 up to 5000 ish
When increasing throttle from 10% to 80% the acceleration hesitates, stutters, feels 'uneven'.

Anyone else feel this? Any real issue? Any fix?
Use premium gas or maybe even mid grade, the engine will run 10x better.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I second that. Had the same hesitation on regular gas, went to 93 and 91 octane (settles on 91) issue gone. Also started using Mobil 1 immediately after and car is even smoother at initial acceleration.

·
Registered
2018 Elantra Sport 6MT Electric Blue
17 Posts
Two weeks ago, I leased a brand new 2018 Elantra GT Sport with automatic trans. I did not notice any throttle response issues during the test drive, either because it wasn't happening or I was too distracted by the sales guy yapping and too focused on acceleration while moving. Beginning the next day, however, and continuing since, I noticed that the car has considerable throttle delay/hesitation whenever initially stepping on the gas when coming off a complete stop. Very annoying.

The day after I leased the vehicle, I was at the dealership and mentioned the issue to my sales guy. He advised me to pull into the service department and have them take a look. The service attendant literally refused to look at it--said they get this complaint all the time, it's just the way the car behaves, and that's it. He would not even look at it or test drive it. Basically threw me out of there. I will not return to that dealer unless I get an apology resulting from the after-purchase survey I just answered from Hyundai, in which I complained about the throttle issue and the service department.

I bought a Pedal Commander to see if that would eliminate the throttle delay. It really does not. At best, it can make the delay seem almost gone by putting the PC in Eco Mode (it has 4 modes: Eco, City, Sport, and Sport+). In Eco mode, throttle lag seems gone, but that's because acceleration is sooo slow in that mode that it is only good for 10 or 20-mph bumper-to-bumper traffic (or if you drive like a little old lady). In the other modes, the PC makes the throttle response more aggressive than stock--Sport mode is a blast!--but the lag from a stop is still very much there.

The only quick fix that I've found to reduce the throttle lag is to turn off traction control. That reduces lag by about 50-60%, I'd say.

I'm going to send an inquiry about the issue to Hyundai at the following URL. They really should have a fix for this, especially if it is a drive-by-wire issue. It is really annoying and tainting my experience with the new car.

Contact Us | MyHyundai

I have also found that turning off traction control seems make some power available at least in a straight line. not sure if placebo tho

81 - 86 of 86 Posts