Elantra Sport Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else annoyed with how quickly the brakes grab? Even when i dont intend to brake hard they grab way too soon it feels like. Maybe some different pads will help it?

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Haven't noticed that myself?

·
Registered
133 Posts
I notice this also, but only after the car has been parked and it has rained. For some reason, they're extra grabby when the rotors are freshly wet. Then again, this has been the case with most vehicles I've owned.

·
Registered
140 Posts
They seat in and get a bit less twitchy after a few thousand K's. Mine are still right up near the top, but easier to modulate now that there is 9500k on them. Or I'm just entirely used to it now.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I should add that i really notice this the most most heel toeing. The brake pedal sticks out too far.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I should add that i really notice this the most most heel toeing. The brake pedal sticks out too far.
That's probably all the issue is. I think the brakes feel great to me but I do not heel and toe. You may be able to add spacers to the accelerator pedal to bring it closer to you.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's probably all the issue is. I think the brakes feel great to me but I do not heel and toe. You may be able to add spacers to the accelerator pedal to bring it closer to you.
Too bad there wasnt a way to adjust the brake pedal further back.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Too bad there wasnt a way to adjust the brake pedal further back.
I know.... I would like the brake to be further back anyway since in stop and go my ankle takes abuse from having to lift my foot up to depress the brake. But then adjusting it back would limit the travel and could possibly make it bottom out.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Anyone else annoyed with how quickly the brakes grab? Even when i dont intend to brake hard they grab way too soon it feels like. Maybe some different pads will help it?
I have noticed this when everything is cold. It is annoying when I'm alone but really funny when the wife or kid bashes their head off the dash.
jk: It's not really funny, just mildly amusing.:p

Reactions: killertek78

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have noticed this too, for me it only happends on the first brake application after the vehicles been sitting overnight. Must be slight rust buildup that's being grinded away.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I also noticed it and more so when cold. If it was the only car I would simply adjust. However I'm jumping back and forth with a 2014 Elantra GT where in comparison the brakes don't grab at all :(

·
Registered
28 Posts
Grabby brakes

I notice this also, but only after the car has been parked and it has rained. For some reason, they're extra grabby when the rotors are freshly wet. Then again, this has been the case with most vehicles I've owned.
The 12,000 km service is coming up soon and I will be mentioning the grabby brakes. If anyone has brought this issue to the attention of their dealer's service department what were the results?

·
Registered
22 Posts
My new 2019's brakes are perfect. Great modulation. My 2018's brakes were grabby, especially when the car was cold/had sat all night.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts