Elantra Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive noticed in the last few days that a lot of people will stare at my es. The other day i pulled up at the mall and stopped near the entrance of it and a dude kept staring at it and wouldnt stop. I think it might be due to the fact that its the sport model, and aside from mine, i never see any other ones out on the road. They seem pretty rare...

·
Registered
140 Posts
I think it has to do with 'it has a Hyundai badge on it, wtf' looks. Or the quite throaty purr it has at low rpm. Or the backfire randomly when blipping the down shifts.

But yah, and pretty much like any neat car, it's basically all doods..

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Nothing. Don't believe anyone in my area cares. LOL! Though now that I have my intake I may take it to the local car show thing next Saturday. We'll see how that goes.

Reactions: Voodoo Idol

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah, I feel like people look at my ES much more than my 97 legacy outback. It is nice! also I haven't seen another ES in my area either.
It is very nice looking. Ive got mine in the sleek black color and its so shiny and beautiful. I also like that every time you see another 2017 elantra it isnt a sport. Its like being part of an exclusive club for exotic cars .......kind of.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think it has to do with 'it has a Hyundai badge on it, wtf' looks. Or the quite throaty purr it has at low rpm. Or the backfire randomly when blipping the down shifts.

But yah, and pretty much like any neat car, it's basically all doods..
Yeah i agree people see it and think "wtf, a nice and sport looking hyundai elantra??"

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nothing. Don't believe anyone in my area cares. LOL! Though now that I have my intake I may take it to the local car show thing next Saturday. We'll see how that goes.
Are you disappointed with the sound of the intake? Which ome did you get?

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Are you disappointed with the sound of the intake? Which ome did you get?
SXTH Element and I love it. It even makes the stock BPV sound better since I got the bung welded on for the recirc. IMO of course. :cool:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Dropped my kid off at school. Walking back I was behind this guy and he was checking out my brand new White ES. Felt like the dude getting in. He turned and gave a look back when I started the engine too.

·
Super Moderator
1,198 Posts
I have blue! I don't think I have noticed a single person take a look at my car.
I felt the same way until a dude actually stopped me when I was getting in to it at the grocery store yesterday. He was surprised it was a Hyundai and as reasonably priced as it is.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Not getting any stares here in VA. It's just an econobox and I don't drive it hard, so I'm not expecting much and that's the way I like it. I have had passengers say they were impressed by the interior though - a lot of people (including myself) didn't give Hyundai a second thought when car shopping, so it usually surprises them.

·
Registered
241 Posts
The most looks I get is me looking back after I park. I srsly like the way the car looks, but Hyundais are popular in Aus so it goes largely unnoticed, which is also good ;)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Before this generation came out the larger grill of the turbo veloster automatically identified it as a turbo model. When Hyundai came out with the latest gen of the elantra they gave all of them the larger grill thus making it much harder to distinguish other than more subtle styling cues. I wish they had made the grill of the non turbos a bit smaller.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I was asked by a new employee the other night if my car was a Lexus? I guess only seeing my ES as we leave the paring lot @ 11pm from a glance maybe by looking at the rear LED taillights? I told him it was a Hyundai and he studdered WOW. :p:p:D. Made my feel good.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Before this generation came out the larger grill of the turbo veloster automatically identified it as a turbo model. When Hyundai came out with the latest gen of the elantra they gave all of them the larger grill thus making it much harder to distinguish other than more subtle styling cues. I wish they had made the grill of the non turbos a bit smaller.
This is why I'm scraping that ugly chrome off and painting the grill black. Same with those sexy stock wheels.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I don't think many people look at mine and I've yet to see another one around me on Long Island. For me, this car looks better up close and personal. From certain angles, this thing has hints of an Evo I swear.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts