Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to double check i'm not missing something, but my 2018 driver side button on the door will not lock/unlock the door. The passenger button does work. I'm sure it will be covered under warranty, but just wanted to double check there isn't a way to turn one of them off.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
just confirmed with dealer that it will be replaced under warranty...the whole door handle that is. and it will need to be repainted...hopefully they will match it to current color

·
Registered
30 Posts
Same with mine. Been like that since new. Passenger door button will only inconsistently lock/unlock the door. Most of the time you just push it and nothing happens.
yeah I think I got it to unlock once maybe twice and that's it. It's kind of a pain in the ass when I need to put something on the passenger seat and don't want to look for the keys.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Once you have the door open, hit the lock/unlock on the armrest. Have seen similar on my '17 but only a couple of times.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
so when i asked dealer about color matching, two different dealers, they acted like i was a complete idiot, and had no idea what i was talking about. they were like, 'we dont know anything about paint, the body shop does that' WTF? I guess these service advisors are really robots who read stuff off a paper.....i would think being in the car service business, they would know something or heard of it before. One of the guys said, when I asked about the paint being lighter due to UV rays, was like 'i'm not aware of that' O.K. guy.

I think these service advisors are used to people just submitted to what they say, and not questioning stuff. god forbid.

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
They are right, they don't mess with that. Most dealers outsource body work and it's up to the body shop. They will usually just paint to the factory paint code. Hit or miss if that's close or not. Best thing is to have the car present and they can better match it that way.

·
Premium Member
1,226 Posts
They are right, they don't mess with that. Most dealers outsource body work and it's up to the body shop. They will usually just paint to the factory paint code. Hit or miss if that's close or not. Best thing is to have the car present and they can better match it that way.
While true, they will also bake the paint under lamps to attempt to get close to the same fade as the rest of the paint - as you said, as long as they have the car there.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Yes, I understand the dealer doesn't mess with it, as they told me up front they send paint work to a body shop.

My qalm is that they acted like they had no idea what i was talking about, or that it was even possible, and ignored this concern. They never even offered to have the vehicle present.

Not sure what there was to be right or wrong about in addressing my concern, or lack of in this case. I was expecting them to address my concern, not say I have no idea. period.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts