Elantra Sport Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SXTH & Tork have downpipes for the ES, but I don't see any dyno sheet with the before & after dyno numbers. From previous experience in turbo cars, the gains are suppose to be +15-20hp with stock tune. Does any has been able to verify this?

It's possible that the stock tune do not like the downpipe upgrade and this is why dyno sheet does not exist?

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
It's possible that the stock tune do not like the downpipe upgrade and this is why dyno sheet does not exist?
Partly correct. Power limiters in the stock ECU are messing with the numbers. (as stated in my other reply on your other post...)

·
Registered
241 Posts
Correct. The intake got us up a little bit but our addition of the downpipe only came to 10wtq and 3whp increase. The OEM ECU limiters are in the way, and we won't be able to show the full benefit of the 3in catless pipe until those limiters are raised appropriately.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Does the ECU limiter just affect the peak hp and torque numbers. I understand that we will not be able to get some normal decent peak numbers but what about for example, hp gains at 3000 RPM ant torque gains at 5000 RPM?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts