Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
https://www.reddit.com/r/Hyundai/comments/ph6thj While this isn't my Elantra, one big peeve is that when I bought my CPO ES, the major affliction was the driver door handle peeling off. I guess this is just poor quality from Hyundai. I wanted to complain and ask for a new one, but it wasn't a big deal breaker for me. Anyone else have this similar issue?

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
85k on my car, does not have this issue.

Edit: I don't wear any rings or anything either, which probably helps.

·
Registered
329 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Don't have that problem. It should be a plastic cover. I'm guessing 40 bucks for the part a couple beers time to replace. Probably left a bunch of loose change in there to splash around

·
Registered
12 Posts
https://www.reddit.com/r/Hyundai/comments/ph6thj While this isn't my Elantra, one big peeve is that when I bought my CPO ES, the major affliction was the driver door handle peeling off. I guess this is just poor quality from Hyundai. I wanted to complain and ask for a new one, but it wasn't a big deal breaker for me. Anyone else have this similar issue?
Never seen that, I have 2 Elantra one 2008 and another 2018 plus I have several friends with elantra one a 2012 and another 2016 and none of them has that issue. All depends the owner and how they use it. But I have seen that on BMW with less than a year of use and every plastic inside is pealing off the color leaving the black plastic exposed. Plus the sticky residues it is super common on every eurotrash like VW/Audi group among others.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My driver's one is kinda thrashed, so I'm wondering if I should bug my service guy to warranty it.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I inherited a bit of this on my door when I got it with 17k miles. Female owner, so not sure if it's a factor of rings, lotions etc? I've been looking for something to fix it or cover it. Saw some ebay trim kits that would cover it, but not sure how it would look.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts