Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Hyundai Elantra Sport DCT w/TECH
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My ES developed a rattling noise that appears to be coming from general area of the twitter speaker in the driver side door panel. I removed all the loose items from the car, touched and pressed various areas and it doesn't seem to make the difference. Rattle only appear when going over small bumps and is very annoying :mad: Ideas or straight to the the panel removal?

·
Registered
2018 Hyundai Elantra Sport DCT w/TECH
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It only took me 7 months to figure this out. I had the driver side door apart, everything inspected and reassembled with some extra foam in the areas I thought may be causing rattles. The annoying noise was going on and off....just to come back at some point. Well, I am glad to report the mystery have been sold. Afterall, the culprit was not in the driver door at all, other than the fact the door acted as sound reflector. I had the remote start module installed by the dealership when I purchased the car. I was tinkering with the car the other day and I found the controller behind the smart junction box (fusebox panel). It was not physically attached to anything and free to move a little. I have secured the controller, added foam padding and went for a drive. I have not heard the door rattle noise in over a week. The stupid box was hitting the internal metal support and the noise travelled towards the driver side door - where I heard it coming from on and off. If you have a driver side noise and remote start/alarm installed, check for any items behind the fuse panel.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My ES developed a rattling noise that appears to be coming from general area of the twitter speaker in the driver side door panel. I removed all the loose items from the car, touched and pressed various areas and it doesn't seem to make the difference. Rattle only appear when going over small bumps and is very annoying :mad: Ideas or straight to the the panel removal?
Did you find where the noise comes from ?
I think a have the same issue it really is frustrating!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts