Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did the ebcs install today using using the industry standard MAC 3 port solenoid.
The brass fittings were a PITA to find for some reason.

Took the car out for a gentle nervous drive (hoping I installed it correctly) after triple checking everything... and the boost certainly comes on a lot more smoothly and continues to be smooth all the way through...

Impressive little mod.

Also took a stack of photos ready for the next mod... :) FMIC!

Reactions: CoolRonZ

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also managed not to break the stock ebcs hose fitting... debadged as well, took a whole 10mins to do the rear and sides...

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
High five for the pics! Man, I bought the one here in the link below (which I’m sure everyone is aware of)...

Electronic Boost Control Solenoid | DamnFastDD.com

I’ve had it for several months without making the time to finally install it. I’m worried about braking the plastic nipple on the OEM one. Another obstacle which has delayed installing this - I installed the Pierce Motorsports braces all at once shortly after purchasing the car, and the strut brace makes it nearly impossible to install the the EBCS unless I remove the cowl and strut brace once more. <what a PITA> I’ll get around to it...

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did the wiring from above and the hoses from below. Heaps easier

·
Registered
66 Posts
Did the wiring from above and the hoses from below. Heaps easier
The thought crossed my mind doing everything from below. I have to preform an oil change in the near future; I’m thinking I’ll take a look at it while underneath the car with the splash shield removed.

Funny thing with the splash shield- due to an added part on the car which I’m sure those smart enough can figure out what caused this, well...the new vibrations added enough to cause the screws to come loose on the splash shield, and a few where missing altogether. I added thread locker so this wouldn’t happen again.

I’ll add more to the story- I’m still using the splash shield with my 4 point subframe brace. The shield had to be slightly modified in order to work with the brace. There’s a world of difference with the addition of the 4 point subframe brace, strut brace and the aftermarket sway bar. Love how nice the car handles. I noted a good portion of my mod list which can be found in this post with lots of pictures (below).

Post link —> http://www.elantrasport.com/forum/82249-post5.html

·
Registered
32 Posts
how do you know which wires to connect? I think the wire on the backside that the MAC ECBS has DDBA 12VDC must be the 12V source wire and I assume the front most wire connects to the ECU wire, but what wire is which on the OEM wiring side of things? any help would be appreciated. thanks very much.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.