Elantra Sport Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Hyundai ES ‘Drift Stitch Boi”
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 17 ES 6 speed completely stock with 58k miles. I’m looking at my tuning options and I’m thinking I need a chip (meh) or a whole new ecu, but is it possible to take sixth elements spare ecu tune for the veloster and put it in mine? Any help will help!

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
You cannot use a tune that has already been used on another car. It is locked to that car and would need to be reset, which the tuner would charge a fee for. (or in the case of Lap3, charge so much that you might as well buy a new tune)

·
Registered
2017 Hyundai ES ‘Drift Stitch Boi”
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You cannot use a tune that has already been used on another car. It is locked to that car and would need to be reset, which the tuner would charge a fee for. (or in the case of Lap3, charge so much that you might as well buy a new tune)
hey! I remember you saying racechip will push your turbo to 27psi on map 7 witch is very bad. I’m not trying to go crazy herein term of power and money, so that being said what is map 6 push the turbo to? Like 25? I feel like if I get the RS it will be safer than the gts black. Literally I just have spacers and a Amazon special exhaust cut out.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
hey! I remember you saying racechip will push your turbo to 27psi on map 7 witch is very bad. I’m not trying to go crazy herein term of power and money, so that being said what is map 6 push the turbo to? Like 25? I feel like if I get the RS it will be safer than the gts black. Literally I just have spacers and a Amazon special exhaust cut out.
RaceChip should have that info. I'm not a fan of boost chips so I just prefer to not talk about them lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts