Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After the initial reveal of the i30N and new Veloster, rumor has it that Hyundai has plans to introduce new N variants across various models within their line up. I think its safe to assume that the Elantra Sport meets the criteria, and I'm curious what changes we can expect to the drivetrain, body style, suspension and chassis. I think as of now we only have confirmation for Australia, but its success their could very well lead to new markets. It seems as though Hyundai may go the same route as BMW and Mercedes with their M and AMG trims. What do you guys think? Interested? https://www.drive.com.au/motor-news/hyundai-n-sport-kits-coming-116959

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
IF, and that is IF the Elantra gets the treatment, don't expect it until facelift time (2019 or 2020) and I'd bet it will essentially be the i30 nose grafted onto the front and the same 2.0L N drivetrain (i30 & Veloster) shoved under the hood.

·
Registered
338 Posts
For the elantra N I would expect (in addition to what R1600Turbo states) brakes, struts/springs, MAYBE some OE cross bracing in the engine bay (cause it looks cool).

Let's hope all the parts are direct bolt on for us! (gently kneels and furiously prays)

Reactions: mightar
1 - 4 of 4 Posts