Elantra Sport Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey so I have a 2018 Hyundai Elantra sport built engine with big turbo kit my issue is that I have white smoke burning but I tested compression it’s okay . And a leak down test to see if there are any leaks from the vavles there are non. But smokes white when deaccelerating . When accelerating doesn’t smoke . Could it be bad crankcase pressure !?? Or what it can be ???

·
Super Moderator
1,213 Posts
Could be the turbo bearings leaking oil. Also could be the first indication of a failing head gasket even though compression and leakdown tests say otherwise. With multilayer steel gaskets, when they first start to fail they won't leak until under extreme pressure - like taking your foot off the gas and the BPV not having vented yet. Check to see what your coolant looks like. If it's no longer green/orange/whatever the normal color is or if the oil looks milky, then it's the head gasket.

Who built the engine? Did they stretch the head studs? I probably already know who did it though. If my assumption is correct then you went with the wrong shop to build it because they're notorious for stuff like this.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I myself put on the head studs and put back the engine together am a mechanic also just at this point been trying a lot and really don’t know what to think nw coolant is same green color block was built for me by CSS can’t be head gasket would have known there’s no signs at all thinking could be turbo

1 - 6 of 6 Posts