Elantra Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll admit, the stock wheels look good but not good enough for me. Somewhere down the line they'll either be sold or demoted to beater status. So now the hunt is on for a set of aftermarket wheels that look good, don't cost a fortune and are of good build quality.

So far a set of used Eneki RPF1's are on my list

What do you guys suggest?

·
Registered
99 Posts
I was actually looking at a used set of Work Emotion CR Kai's

Just colour choice is going to be the issue to figure out. As usual.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hate you for sharing that because on the Elantra Sport it might end up looking more "KDM" than those RPF1's if ya know what I mean!

Much like how they do on this Genesis coupe:

But in white on a Blue Elantra Sport will be insane.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Yeaa that does look really good. It looks like an oem option. If you were to put the white on the blue elantra sport, it would look like a performance variant of it ! Just lower it a little, and put an N badge somewhere lol.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OEM wheels from other Hyundai models should work well too. Just have to make sure they match up in terms of center bore, bolt pattern, width, diameter and offset. If it will work, these wheels off an older Genesis sedan might look good:

·
Registered
55 Posts
I'm personally not too fond of those but I think if you put those on, slam it, you'll fit in with the euro crowd opposed to the KDM guys.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I won't mind that, or whatever group I do/don't fit in, that to me doesn't matter. What does matter is how good it will look on the Elantra Sport and so far I think it will flow with the overall design. Not exactly easy to tell, wish we had a photoshop guru here.

Are you in the market for anything?

·
Registered
55 Posts
I'm really not too sure what I'll be looking towards just yet.. I have many ideas that keep conflicting with each other lol so I'm just gonna keep my eyes out until something really strikes me. I'm not a huge "stance" kind of guy but I do like a clean look. Nothing over-sized and cambered or slammed or whatever, but something clean, attractive, but not generic like the forever being used BBS LM style wheels or RPF1 or TEs

·
Registered
99 Posts
Are you a 5 spoke kind of guy? Multi-spoke? Dish/No Dish? How much would you want to spend on rims alone? Maybe we can help you pick something out!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
2nd one down is just about the best look for a Hyundai like this since it suits the design language, everything else looks like it belongs on an Audi or BMW, but that's just my strong opinion, open to hearing what everyone else has to say.

·
Registered
140 Posts
2nd one down is just about the best look for a Hyundai like this since it suits the design language, everything else looks like it belongs on an Audi or BMW, but that's just my strong opinion, open to hearing what everyone else has to say.
I'm leaning toward the middle design aswell. I was throwing around the idea of dipping the stock wheels black, but leaving the machined bits stock. They grey is cool, but black is cooler.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
I don't know much about proper wheel sizing, but if I wanted to run a 17x7.5 +48 offset wheel with 235/40R17 tires, am I nuts? I don't mind if I have to roll the fenders. Looking for a setup I can use for canyon fun and possible track days. I like the beefy tire look, hence the smaller wheel/larger tire choice.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I don't know much about proper wheel sizing, but if I wanted to run a 17x7.5 +48 offset wheel with 235/40R17 tires, am I nuts? I don't mind if I have to roll the fenders. Looking for a setup I can use for canyon fun and possible track days. I like the beefy tire look, hence the smaller wheel/larger tire choice.
Your speedometer will be off by approx 13.7%. So when you're speedo says you're doing 30 you'll actually be going 34.11mph. I know this didn't really relate to your question but just food for thought.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Hmm, they don't make a 235/45 in the tire I want (Falken RT615K) which according to a calculator I just used is the closest to stock. Hankook does make the RS-3 in that size though, so guess I will have to go with those.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Since Tire Rack doesn't show wheels available for our car yet, are we to assume that anything that fits a regular Elantra will work just fine here too?

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Since Tire Rack doesn't show wheels available for our car yet, are we to assume that anything that fits a regular Elantra will work just fine here too?
Anyone?

·
Registered
84 Posts
I'm thinking about 17x8.5 +35 offset with 225/45/17 tires. ESR SR08 is the work emotion cai replica and that's what I'm leaning towards for now. I just wish Ark or Megan would come out with springs.. lol

·
Registered
84 Posts
Anyone?
Yup! You are correct! Everything is the same except width and offset between Sport wheels and Limited wheels.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts