1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
90 Posts
You dont need to be fluent in french (or even watch the video) to know the sentra is a POS.

What Nissan has become is a travesty.

·
Registered
229 Posts
What Nissan has become is a travesty.
Sad but true. After my Sentra was totaled, Nissan was trying to get me back in one (even the nismo didn't entice me). I just looked at what I would need to spend to get the features I wanted and I had to go to their top tier Sentra (that's the class I wanted and could afford) to get what I wanted. Sure it's not that much more than what my ES cost me, but I'm pleasantly happier to have spent what I did for styling, power, and available options. :D

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry for the problem.

It's a very good car TV show and nice comparative match.

Highlights (both are manual):

0-100 km/h (0-60 mph):

Sentra Nismo: 8.0 sec.
Elantra Sport: 7.1 sec.

80-120 km/h (50-75 mph):

Sentra Nismo: 5.9 sec.
Elantra Sport: 4.6 sec.

100-0 km/h (60-0 mph):

Sentra Nismo: 37.1m (121.7')
Elantra Sport: 37.4m (122.7')

Fuel consumption:

Sentra Nismo: 6.7l/100 km (35.1mpg)
Elantra Sport: 6.9l/100 km (34.1 mpg)

·
Registered
188 Posts
Here in my area, you can get a NISMO Sentra for a pretty discounted price. They're taking 4-6 grand off of them. They're still kind of pricey even with that discount, though, considering you're left with a Sentra at the end of the day. That's coming from a guy who has owned a ton of Sentra SE-Rs. The current gen just isn't all that amazing IMO.

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Here in my area, you can get a NISMO Sentra for a pretty discounted price. They're taking 4-6 grand off of them. They're still kind of pricey even with that discount, though, considering you're left with a Sentra at the end of the day. That's coming from a guy who has owned a ton of Sentra SE-Rs. The current gen just isn't all that amazing IMO.
Next generation should be better. Multi-link rear suspension, better engines, etc. We're ~2 years away from that though.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Nissan is essentially Mitsubishi in my eyes.
Had one cool car, now they dont.. and everything they have is awful now.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I drove the Sentra Nismo. I actually kind of like it's exterior styling, and the seats are pretty great. It was...ok to drive. I was starting to have some fun, then the CVT came in like an obnoxious party guest and just killed the mood. Didn't feel very planted on the road and was constantly reminding you that you were in an economy car. Interior quality was crap, and the Sentra, including the Nismo, has by far the worst, most god-awful-cheap quality headliner of any modern car I've driven. Feels like you honestly just have a thin piece of cardboard above your head.

If anyone drives both of these cars back to back and picks the Nismo, they're insane.

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
It's so sad to read that about the Sentra. I just came back from Lima and Cusco Peru, and the streets were literally filled with late 80s and early - mid 90s Sentras. They used to be such fantastic cars.
Hopefully the next one coming around in a couple years will get a bump in the right direction. Should get multi-link rear suspension and the NISMO won't be a joke like the current one. I think they learned their lesson on that. They should have just listened to me.... :cool:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hopefully the next one coming around in a couple years will get a bump in the right direction. Should get multi-link rear suspension and the NISMO won't be a joke like the current one. I think they learned their lesson on that. They should have just listened to me.... :cool:
It really is a shame, because IMO the current Sentra Nismo actually isn't a bad-looking car in person. But behind the wheel you find all of it's many faults. The cut-rate interior and Nissan's ridiculous love-affair with their CVT just killed that car for me.

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
It really is a shame, because IMO the current Sentra Nismo actually isn't a bad-looking car in person. But behind the wheel you find all of it's many faults. The cut-rate interior and Nissan's ridiculous love-affair with their CVT just killed that car for me.
It comes with a 6-speed manual too. I will say though that the fake shifting surprised me the first time I drove the CVT version, it "shifts" pretty quickly.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.