Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some black wheels to replace the original ones but I am having a hard time deciding on a style for my budget.

I live in Aus NSW. Don't want to spend too much more than 1k and I think I am leaning towards some like Enkei draco.

Hoping to see what you guys have on your Elantras.

I have also attached some photos to show what I have at the moment.
IMG_20210709_141140~2.jpg
IMG_20210703_195426~2.jpg

·
Registered
2018 Hyundai Elantra Sport DCT w/TECH
315 Posts
I have a feeling that black wheels are going to 'disappear', in a sense that it will be difficult to see the design. Personally I would go with gun metal finish or dark grey.
What does the 'P' sign indicate?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a feeling that black wheels are going to 'disappear', in a sense that it will be difficult to see the design. Personally I would go with gun metal finish or dark grey.
What does the 'P' sign indicate?
The P plate indicates a provisional driver. Red P indicates the driver has had their licence for less than a year and can't go over 90km/h. Green is 1-2 years with a speed limit of 100km/h.

I'm surprised by the suggestion honestly. I have seen a lot of people go with black rims on these cars. I will definitely look into this idea more though.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
The Draco's are nice. I recently switched to 17x8 +45 Enkei TS-10's in black. Tires are 245/40/17.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Trying to work out if these will fit.

Will 0.5 more width than standard not fit? Keep in mind this is an aud car. Not sure if there is any difference to the us model.
US stock wheels are 18x7.5 +55, I assume yours are around the same even though the design is different. If you are looking at the 18x8.5 +40, you may run into fitment issues depending on tire size and if you are or will be lowered.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
US stock wheels are 18x7.5 +55, I assume yours are around the same even though the design is different. If you are looking at the 18x8.5 +40, you may run into fitment issues depending on tire size and if you are or will be lowered.
I dont plan on lowering it ever really. This website suggests a wheel range from 16x7.0 – 18x8.5 (Hyundai Elantra Bolt Pattern, Wheel Size and Specs).

Its a shame that I can't seem to find 18inch Enkei rims locally because I really like the look. Might have to start considering alternatives.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts

·
Registered
Hyundai elantra SR 2017
21 Posts
Looking for some black wheels to replace the original ones but I am having a hard time deciding on a style for my budget.

I live in Aus NSW. Don't want to spend too much more than 1k and I think I am leaning towards some like Enkei draco.

Hoping to see what you guys have on your Elantras.

I have also attached some photos to show what I have at the moment. View attachment 17945 View attachment 17946
Hey bro, I'm in Queensland, I ended up getting these

·
Registered
2018 Hyundai Elantra Sport DCT w/TECH
315 Posts
The P plate indicates a provisional driver. Red P indicates the driver has had their licence for less than a year and can't go over 90km/h. Green is 1-2 years with a speed limit of 100km/h.
Thank you, didn't know that.

This is what I had in mind, when I wrote "disappearing wheels". The wheels are nice, but you cannot clearly see their design. But this is, of course, personal choice.
View attachment 17948

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hey man, I'm located in Brisbane and got these wheels fitted on my Elantra SR Turbo. They're 18x8.5 +30 and they just about clear the brake calipers. I'm also on stock height and the fitment is just perfect. Our stock wheels are 17s (not sure on the width but either 7 or 7.5). I know you said you wanted to go for black wheels but from experience, you won't be able to appreciate them, given that they almost blend in with the wheel arches and tyres as well as them being a pain in the ass to keep clean, but each to their own. Hope this helps :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey man, I'm located in Brisbane and got these wheels fitted on my Elantra SR Turbo. They're 18x8.5 +30 and they just about clear the brake calipers. I'm also on stock height and the fitment is just perfect. Our stock wheels are 17s (not sure on the width but either 7 or 7.5). I know you said you wanted to go for black wheels but from experience, you won't be able to appreciate them, given that they almost blend in with the wheel arches and tyres as well as them being a pain in the ass to keep clean, but each to their own. Hope this helps :)

View attachment 17957
Yeah I get what you mean. If I was to get black rims they would need to be glossy. I am so picky I will probably end up just keeping the standard ones at this rate lol.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yeah I get what you mean. If I was to get black rims they would need to be glossy. I am so picky I will probably end up just keeping the standard ones at this rate lol.
ahahaha fair enough man, i had a decent idea of what i wanted so it was sort of a no brainer purchase, but ozzy tyres do sell some very nice wheels, definitely worth the look :))

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
They're 18x8.5 +30 and they just about clear the brake calipers. I'm also on stock height and the fitment is just perfect.
If you lower you will need to make it work through some camber adjustment at minimum.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have decided I will be going with some Enkei SC50 Gloss Gunmetal Wheels. I will post some photos once I have them fitted.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts