Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I’m going to install the electric cut off system ( don’t blame me please ), I would like to ask if install it after or before the Resonator will give it beter sound? And If install it before Resonator, will there be some power/torque loss since I heard thay Resonator actually increase some HP. Many thanks

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
I'd say you won't notice a difference either way. A resonator is a sound changing device, it's a straight through design and has no effect on power.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply. I am also want to install a catback exhaust but those after market exhaust dont have the heating shield like the stock one. Will it cause any damage to the contents near it?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
And one last question: our Elantra Sport have 2 catalytic converter right? If so, is the secondary Catalytic Converter unit any important to the car? A full catback system will delete this secondary CAT, so is it safe to do so? Many many thanks

·
Registered
45 Posts
If you install an electric cutout before the muffler, yes the system will become noticeably louder.

The cutout is basically a muffler delete.

The rationale for having it closer to the muffler is due to the direction of the exhaust gases, you don’t want that dumping right under where you’re sitting — for obvious reasons. Another reason is due to the resonate sound, you’d want it in the back.

It’ll probably sound very good under throttle but drone to the heavens while cruising — hence why it’s electric so you’ll just close the valve — to direct all exhaust through the muffler and therefore eliminate the drone.

I probably won’t do it on this platform but it’s practically for sound purposes only. It can be for performance purposes as well say for a heavily modified engine with cutouts immediately after the header but these types of builds are few and far in between.

I haven’t heard many good sounding 4 cylinders with a muffler delete but that’s personal opinion.

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
Are you sure? Because I think those shield are there for a reason. If not, thy wouldnt waste their money to install I think.
There are still heat shields bolted to the car itself. Unless you are pushing the car in extreme cases like on a track day, you won't have any issues.

And one last question: our Elantra Sport have 2 catalytic converter right? If so, is the secondary Catalytic Converter unit any important to the car? A full catback system will delete this secondary CAT, so is it safe to do so? Many many thanks
It's fine. I have 2nd cat delete and full exhaust with x2 Vibrant mufflers and it's great.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Are you sure? Because I think those shield are there for a reason. If not, thy wouldnt waste their money to install I think.
There are still heat shields bolted to the car itself. Unless you are pushing the car in extreme cases like on a track day, you won't have any issues.

It's fine. I have 2nd cat delete and full exhaust with x2 Vibrant mufflers and it's great.
Thanks again for the reply. Sorry for my stupid question but what is a vibrant muffler?

·
Registered
244 Posts
Hey guys. I’m going to install the electric cut off system ( don’t blame me please ), I would like to ask if install it after or before the Resonator will give it beter sound? And If install it before Resonator, will there be some power/torque loss since I heard thay Resonator actually increase some HP. Many thanks
If you install that cut out before the secondary cat, it will be way louder but you will definitely hear that turbo, you should see quicker turbo spool up and a little more top end.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.