Elantra Sport Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody,

With warmer outside temperature of last week here, I saw that I have a lot of eat in the engine bay and the air intake temperarure climb very high. I know that It suppose to be normal for a turbo car but I want to add some cooling to cool the engine bay. I saw a couple of options on internet but I dont want to deal with rain in the hood and I dont want to interfere with the natural back engine cooler air flow. So I think to drill 3'' holes on each side of bumper in the black part just under the led day light. Maybe redirect the air flow on intercooler both side pipes. Maybe John at Tork or another guy at Sxth can give me his opinion? Thanks.

Attachments

Reactions: [email protected]

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
I live in Arizona where it's constantly over 100*F. Temp gauge never budges. Cars are tested for hundreds of thousands of miles in development for temps well below zero and well above 100*. I wouldn't worry about it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hood spacers or cut holes in the hood and put mesh there. :p

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wouldn't worry about it to much to be honest. Like stated above cars are tested to handle all various conditions. You could go with some like the hood spacers if you want. I personally wouldn't drill wholes in the bumper to try and help the intercooler pipes. We will have a new FMIC released shortly. We just want to be able to tune the vehicle before we send it out. We have had it done for some time now just haven't been able to fully test it with out being able to tune the vehicle.
Thanks,

I cleaned all the bugs (A lot) in my intercooler and my radiator today. I also removed the bottom intercooler deflector to test if its better or worst.

With the Torque application, my air intake is usually 18 to 22 degree F warmer than to outside temperature at highway speed

Happy to know that you will have a new FMCI available soon. With a tune, it will be my 2 next ES modifications.

Reactions: [email protected]

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts