Elantra Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Is there a engineering mode or hidden menu on our elantra radio?
To maybe unlock and remove the driving restrictions that drive me crazy while browsing for my last playlist on Tidal, that is impossible to get to.

I search the forum and google but could not find it.

On my c300 mercedes i was able to see engines codes from that hidden menu.

Thanks

Mike

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
There is not.

·
Registered
230 Posts
On contrary, there is a hidden menu, but I am not sure if you would be able to accomplish what you seek. Some Hyundai technician info would be required to get into the details of each menu. Works on 2018 ES w/DCT.
EDIT: animated gif changes to static jpg image. Any tips how to preserve the animation?
EDIT 2: I put it on a google drive

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1dhhRszfRFEvBB8KY5r84Cqq-eIDRQ7bF
In essence, go to setup and system info. Then select storage. Tap 5 times in the lower left corner of the black section of the screen (RH side), then once in the lower right corner of the same screen.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Fantastic! I always look for the hidden menu in my new vehicles and like to find out what we can fully do with it. If anyone else is up for it, please test and share what everything does. There is a LOT in this engineering menu. I will update with info as I try things.

Thanks,

·
Registered
140 Posts
Fantastic! I always look for the hidden menu in my new vehicles and like to find out what we can fully do with it. If anyone else is up for it, please test and share what everything does. There is a LOT in this engineering menu. I will update with info as I try things.

Thanks,

Does anyone know Korean? My half my menus are in Korean lol but this is really cool!

What else is possible to do though this?

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Wait it's prob cause I have the ecu from LAP3 LOL woops I'll have to learn Korean I guess
Lap3 ECU wouldn't have any effect on the infotainment.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
So others have Korean? I feel like that would be hard to go through as a tech if more then half is Korean
Maybe some things are not meant to be gone through? Not sure. All Sports are made in Korea so maybe that has something to do with it?

·
Registered
334 Posts

Thanks,
A Hyundai service manager just did an AMA on Reddit and claimed “nothing good” in the secret menu.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Are we waiting for 'full tune in menu'? lol

·
Registered
17 Posts
18' ES/tech package 6spd here, and the above didn't work for mine. Going to keep poking around and see if I can figure out something.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Use Google Translate to overlay English. Mine is mostly in Korean also. Haven't had much time to poke around yet. But, I did accidently cause the radio to somehow keep playing AFTER turning the car off and OPENING the driver door. I freaked out a bit & thought I messed something up. I turned the car to ACC mode to fully turn on the head unit. Then did a factory reset. Back to normal now. 😁

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It worked for me 2017 sport tech manual, i was clicking too much on the left of the screen, i noticed a difference in shade and hit the sweet spot on the second try. Most of the menu is in korean but i will explore just for fun, what im looking for is disable the lock menu while driving in android auto as i can never get to my favorite playlist in tidal or some contacts that are too deep in the menu. And i dont want to enable the google assistant.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts